AOD shifter kits

• Sponsors (?)

lentech automatics has a modified valve body that changes the stock P-R-N-OD-3-1 pattern to a more useable P-R-N-OD/3-2-1 pattern. they even have an OD lockout option if you like.

Silverfox also makes a custom VB that will allow 1-2-3 shifts and an OD lockout solenoid/button. It also has an adjustment screw for WOT shifts with an 800rpm range. I have this VB in my AOD but have not test driven it yet.
VB AOD

Jon

i think its more than just an 800 rpm range, could be wrong though, I've got the same VB and love it. Dan can build it up however you want, solid hard shifts or a good street smooth shift. Put about 1k on it now with no issues :nice:

Here it is from his website:
WOTS System - The newest addition to the valve body allows complete user control of the wide open throttle shift point. Simply drop the pan and turn a screw! This modification is 27 years too late!!!!!! It allows you to customize your own wide open throttle shift point within an 800 RPM variance

If I remember correctly he said he sets it at 5800rpm WOT shift and you can turn the screw to change it to shift down 400rpm to 5400 or up 400 to 6200 so he starts it in the middle of the 800 range. The screw is on the side of the VB so you have to drop the pan to do it but it's a set and forget feature anyway.
Jon

Reading the description they do not include the Ford AOD in the list of trans that this kit would allow you to shift or hold gears as you want to:
"it provides additional driver manual control (GM TH-400, 350, Ford C-6 & Chrysler Torqueflite only). Most stock automatic transmissions won't downshift into low gear above 15 mph, and automatically upshift at a predetermined speed no matter what gear you're in. With the Transpak, you can downshift at any speed, and you can hold the transmission in first gear to any speed that you want!

The only way to do this that I have seen is with a custom VB for the AOD.
Jon

I would contact B&M and ask specifically if this kit will allow you to downshift from 2>1 with an AOD and your stock shifter. I read the description of 'manual control' as being able to shift through the gears manually vs. leaving it in drive, which is what you want to do. They should be able to explain exactly what this kit will and won't do for the year AOD you have.
Jon