AOD to T-5 Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

i did mine about a year ago... it was def cheaper to piece things together cause i decided on going with alot of aftermarket prices just a easy list dont remember the complete

bolts Bolt Depot - Nuts and Bolts, Screws and Fasteners online with all grade 8 was like $30
bellhousing - ebay 60ish
trans - bought mine from bob hanlon of hanlon performance in pa big tremec guy was around 600ish rebuilt but worth the money
flywheel - ebay 80
clutch went centerforce dual friction - 300 summit
pro 50 shifter and hurst ball - 200ish summit
cable, quandrant ebay kit was around 100
pedals - ebay around 50ish
crossmember - ebay 30ish

you can def go cheaper if you piece it together pedals are not to hard def with the front seat out is a million times better.. also you have to take the dash out not too bad just keep all the little screws

piece it together. junkyards are a great place to get the pedals and things for that.

also this allows you to get aftermarket stuff like quadrant, firewall adjuster, etc.

I pieced mine together off of eBay, Craigslist and out of the classifieds here. Not including the money I had to spend to get the supposedly good transmission rebuilt that I bought from a Stangnet user, I had about $700 into it including an aluminum driveshaft.

I pieced mine together off of eBay, Craigslist and out of the classifieds here. Not including the money I had to spend to get the supposedly good transmission rebuilt that I bought from a Stangnet user, I had about $700 into it including an aluminum driveshaft.

That's about what I spent to do my conversion,but I was lucky and got a freshly rebuilt T-5 from a friend who wrapped his Stang around a tree.Take your time and shop around,go to the salvage yards,and I've found that if someone is selling on Ebay,many times they'll take a lower amount if you make a fair offer.It doesn't hurt to ask.If you're patient,and dig around enough,the parts are out there pretty cheap.