AOD to T5 problems still...

89projectstang

Dec 14, 2005
as i said before i have no idea what im doing. i have a friend helping me who is mechanicly inclined but isnt a mechanic.

eitherway, we cant find the torque converter or inspection plate or flex plate. im at a loss...

any help would be great. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

89projectstang said:
as i said before i have no idea what im doing. i have a friend helping me who is mechanicly inclined but isnt a mechanic.

eitherway, we cant find the torque converter or inspection plate or flex plate. im at a loss...

any help would be great. thanks
what stage of the swap are you in?? the Manual doesnt use a flexplate, Tq converter, or an inpection plate. Those parts are replaced by the flywheel, clutch, and Starter Index plate.

Dr.

ok...

alright i kinda went at it backwards, i took the stock pedal assembly out, i have my dashboard apart, and the auto gearshift out for the most part (its still hooked to the transmission, but its loose) other than that, im just trying to acutally drop the Auto transmission so i can get the Manual one in.

i read somewhere that you have to remove part of the exhaust to wiggle the tramission free.

thanks again