AOD to T56 swap - looking for a good shop to do it...any recommendations?

90NATO

Nov 20, 2018
Augusta, GA
Hey all! I'm looking for a reputable shop that can do an AOD to T56 tranny swap in my foxbody 5.0. Something in the southeastern U.S. I don't mind driving a bit if it's worth it. Any of you had any luck with a shop that can do this swap? I got screwed by another shop who said they could but ultimately could not do the job. I want the tranny done, so I can putt around before I jump into the suspension, brakes, and engine (it's stock right now). Thanks for the recommendations!

• Sponsors(?)

90NATO

Nov 20, 2018
Augusta, GA
Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like he is well-respected and runs a good shop. What is your experience with them? I'll have to give them a call this week.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I could do it at my house...I'm in fredericksburg. Do you have all of the parts ?

Reactions: 2000xp8 and elarm1

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
These are the parts recommended...

Screenshot_20200818-120226_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Reactions: Foxslider

revhead347

Just rub Vaseline all over
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
Moe's Performance in Dallas, GA has always done right by us. We liquidated our transmission shop 3 years ago, and I am referring all of our customers to Moe's.

Kurt

90NATO

Nov 20, 2018
Augusta, GA
Sorry for the late responses all! I was bogged down with the move this past 2 weeks, but I made it, along with the notch!

@90sickfox - Thanks for your offer and for the parts list you posted. I plan on calling modern driveline soon for a parts list for my specific application. Too bad I hadn't asked the question sooner and before I left NOVA, or I definitely would've taken you up on the offer!

@elarm1 - Same to you, thanks for the offer of a shop, too bad I'm out of the area now!

@revhead347 - Thanks for the recommendation! I'll give them a look as well.

Now to run some tests and maintenance on the mustang - been sitting a while at the former shop and now it's pissed at me and won't run smoothly. She must've thought I abandoned her!

Reactions: 90sickfox