Aod Track Fun

Ok so years ago I got a aod car before I went to school completely virgin car it ran 9.78 2.0 60 ft added 4.10s and exhaust it ran 9.42 with a 2.0 60 ft I recently added 3500 stall and shift kit with brand new et street r and it ran 8.97 with a 1.9 60 ft.. hoping to get a 1.7 60 ft i Need help!!

• Sponsors (?)

• practice your launches
  • keep a log book
  • sticky tires
  • good suspension
  • weight reduction

you are going to need either more HP or reduce the weight to get a 1.7. Also I have no clue why you put a 3500 stall in an otherwise stock setup, and without a trans cooler you are going to fry that AOD.

Reactions: 1 user
  • practice your launches
  • keep a log book
  • sticky tires
  • good suspension
  • weight reduction
you are going to need either more HP or reduce the weight to get a 1.7. Also I have no clue why you put a 3500 stall in an otherwise stock setup, and without a trans cooler you are going to fry that AOD.

Thanks I have a tranny cooler and it's a 3500 (sliver fox referred) lock up,i am building a 347 just haven't it finished it yet...just seeing how far I can get it stock. And yea the suspension part is what I'm trying to learn and launching.

If you have no suspension on the car yet then you will need to spend some time and money in this area. Subframe connectors are a must item and would be first on the list. Then I would go with control arms get a good set from either Team Z or Maximum Motorsports..... you get what you pay for with these parts. at the track you can take one side of the front swaybar loose that will help with weight transfer.

Who cares? it was plenty of errors in it but it was understood....I'm not allowed to have a camera phone at work so i don't have much time on my break to write an essay.
I care. Alot of us care. You should care. It's another case where somebody comes on here, shotguns out a bunch of blather, and then doesn't care enough to insert a simple period anywhere. All while expecting people to accept it because they didn't have time, or couldn't be bothered to look at what they wrote. I'll bet you're between 20 and 28.

I care. Alot of us care. You should care. It's another case where somebody comes on here, shotguns out a bunch of blather, and then doesn't care enough to insert a simple period anywhere. All while expecting people to accept it because they didn't have time, or couldn't be bothered to look at what they wrote. I'll bet you're between 20 and 28.

If it's understood nothing else has to be explained, I have the answers I was looking for

Example of why punctuation and proof reading are important.

if you. care. about fuel economy then. get. a. smart. car and. did you forget. the best. fox. was carb. 1985. ho 14.3 with small gatorbacks and 273 gears and. its funny. lots of. haters. on here i just. need help fuel. pressure. but i got it

That was an actual post from another thread, extreme example, he gave me a headache try'n to read

Btw, are you building a track only car? What kind of times are you shooting for?

Last edited:

if you. care. about fuel economy then. get. a. smart. car and. did you forget. the best. fox. was carb. 1985. ho 14.3 with small gatorbacks and 273 gears and. its funny. lots of. haters. on here i just. need help fuel. pressure. but i got it

That was an actual post from another thread, extreme example, he gave me a headache try'n to read
Btw, are you building a track only car? What kind of times are you shooting for?

A lot of times these so called smart phones have the predicted text, I can't tell you how many times I have to go back and change words ‍♂️ . I will make it better from now on. I have a combination I came up with on a 347 with a custom fti top end 10:5:1 expected to run 10.70s on pump gas. It has been all mapped out, just trying to make it faster without popping the hood. So far I went from 9.80s to 9.40s and now 8.90s. Once I get as fast I can with a stock motor I will build the 347.

Just yank'n your chain, as long as it don't take a half hour to decode a sentence your good, :jester:
There is a thread in the tech/how to section in the 50 tech threads that bob cosby outlined how he got into the 12's, interesting stuff to compare what you got.

View: http://imgur.com/0DzhW