AOD with B-cam

1BAD89GT

Jan 2, 2004
Oklahoma
Is anybody running a B-cam with an automatic? I have a buddy that wanting to run a B-cam and he has a Beefed up AOD with a 3500 stall that he just installed and he changing cams and intakes in his mild 302.

• Sponsors (?)

1BAD89GT said:
Is anybody running a B-cam with an automatic? I have a buddy that wanting to run a B-cam and he has a Beefed up AOD with a 3500 stall that he just installed and he changing cams and intakes in his mild 302.

A friend of mine used to have a 93 cobra that he stuffed a b cam in, but it was a 5 speed of course. The only other mods was exhaust and southsides. I drove it both before and after, and i guess it made more HP after, but it was a TURD below 3500 rpm. It really killed the torque. Part of teh problem was he had the stocker 3.27 gears ( i think that's what came in the cobras) and it really needed 3.73's. I think it should wake up that AOD, especially with a decent stall, but he will need 4:10's for sure and he'll want to rev it out. Since this is a 5 speed story, i doubt it helps, but good luck anyway.

Thanks for the input MustHave your about right on about the AOD just got a super fast Tech response from Edge converters.

Tech@EdgeRacingConverters said:
I recommend a custom configured converter from our "Street Edge" series.
This converter is built using the very efficient 245mm (9.5") impeller and
turbine (furnace brazed). All wear surfaces are fitted for enclosed
Torrington bearings for less resistance and improved longevity in
performance application. The drive hub and spline insert are made of 4130
chrome moly and anti balloon measure is standard. The lock up feature uses a
heavy duty damper assembly and the cover side is custom cnc spun.
Warranted for a full year, with our 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
The fully upgraded "Street Edge" AOD sells for 475.00 with lock up and
425.00 configured without lock up.
The B303 camshaft works well with the more efficient converter with a true
stall setting at 3400 rpm and the STR set at or near 2.50
Please let me know if you have other questions or call us at 888 350 EDGE.

Since your looking into the custom convertor why don't your buddy look into spending an extra $150 or so for an FTI cam.....that way you would have all the torque you could need but have plenty of higher end horsepower when you stomp on it :nice:

David