Approximate value?

stangDeprived

Dec 26, 2003
I'm looking at a 66 coupe that I'm interested in, and I was wondering if any of you knowledgable people could let me know what you think it's worth.
Here's a list of what it has:
5.0 EFI conversion
Brand new pro-cart seats
17" rims
rebuilt t5 tranny
Subframe connectors
Granda disk brakes
8" rear end
3.55 gears w/ posi
all new front suspension with less than 1500 miles on it
cd player, amp
all a/c parts just not hooked up
20 footer as far as paint, some door dings with maaco paint job

If anyone could just throw out some numbers as to what you think you'd pay for a car like this.
Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Supposedly it is rust-free. It also has JME gauges, not sure if that adds any value or anything.
Also, I am told that it is mechanically problem free. So in other words, the only thing needed to make it an extremely solid car is a quality paint job.

The seller wants more than $8000, and he seems adament that the EFI pushes the value up a good deal. I'd agree with him, but not sure exactly how much it's worth to me.

Did you answer yor own Question? :D

I'd agree with him, but not sure exactly how much it's worth to me.

Any Car has a higher value to it's Owner than a perspective Buyer.
And it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Now is it what and with the set up that you are looking for or were going to start with/build ?
There is some $ invested, But are you willing to roll the dice and see if it was done correctly, or just a lot of parts thrown togeather.

:( From your question I will have to infer that your knowlege of this type of
Classic Restomod is not something you have done before, Or you would have some idea what's it worth.

Do you have someone who is in this Hobby to take as a second pair of eyes.
And knows what to look for in the condition of the work done and possable body damage or rust?

Every Great pony starts somewhere. :)

PB

Well, I bought and mostly restored a rust-ridden 67 coupe when I was in high school, so I know where all of the common areas are for rust. Took it from a Rustang into a daily driver.
I just don't know what monetary value certain modifications add to a car, i.e. 5.0 EFI engines.

It may increase the value on the seller or buyers perspective of the car, but in actuality, I dont think it really adds to the value of the car.

He wants more than $8000 for this car? You should probably have someone go over it with a fine tooth comb. Is he a member on stangnet? A care can be 'rust free' when you buy it...and then 2 days later your feet are wet in the first rain storm!

No seller should expect to get out of his car what he has put into it.