Are all 94/95's this slow? Help Plz!

Post a full timeslip. That will give us more information. Also try running the codes. It should tell you if you are running rich or lean or if you have any "hidden" problems.

AODE's are pigs - gears help. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
No, that is ONLY for the 5 speed T4MO EEC, not the AODE cars.

As for the pining/timing issue. Do a search there are a TON of threads here on the subject and it is a common problem. Ford's midrange spark tables are really screwey, and the EEC uses the MAF voltage to determine load and ultimately spark advance in our cars unlike the 93-older cars that were more rpm based than load based. Check your balancer too to see if its wobbly or if the outer shell may have spun on the center part giving you false timing readings, the balancers are another big problem with our cars for some reason. Our cars seem to eat them up. Romac's have proven to last though.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check the MAF and balancer tonight. What about plug ranges or core materials?

gcomfx.com said:
Not if you car is running 16s now. You have other problems.

Agreed! Aftermarket MAF a good first move? It would replace the tired stock version, and add a few hp's? Bigger still better MAF/INJ and can the 94-95 EEC handle the change w/o chip?

My car had one of those cheapy chips in the car when I bought it. It was bone stock. So everything in my sig. should work on your car just fine with the stock computer.

Where do you plan on going with this car? IE - H/C/I only? Power Adder? :shrug:

I would really look at finding your current problem before adding ANY mod that might make it harder to find. :nice:

Welcome to our little corner of the forums, to start.

I don't know much, but buy a new MAF, throttle body, H/C/I, go to a professional and have it tuned afterwords, you'll definitely be happier after this....

common sense rocks

gcomfx.com said:
My car had one of those cheapy chips in the car when I bought it. It was bone stock. So everything in my sig. should work on your car just fine with the stock computer.

Where do you plan on going with this car? IE - H/C/I only? Power Adder? :shrug:

I would really look at finding your current problem before adding ANY mod that might make it harder to find. :nice:

Yes, once I've descovered the problem I'd like to start mod-ing away. The funny thing is I don't have a problem day to day driving, I commute 50+ miles a day with no issues at all. It's when I try to mash the pedal it really starts to ping like a spark knock. I've done the tune-up, removed the rubber air-silencer and put the K&N filter in, it doesnt seem like its starving for fuel, but I could be wrong. I dont want to sound like a big newb* but what is the ling-o behing H/C/I? My thoughts are a nice fresh 331 FI psuhing me into the mid 12's, then if I require low 12's hopeful 11's I'd spray wet kit or something. I'll do whatever it takes to run 12's. Right now I was hoping for 14's with add-on's...at this time that seems far off???

Heads Cam Intake :nice:

I would put a guage to your fuel... pull a few spark plugs and see if you are running lean. Also pulling codes might tell you if you are rich or lean.

Our fuel regulators are NON-adjustable stock. Definately something you need to look into. You can't really tune a car without being able to adjust the fuel pressure.

Also when is the last time the fuel filter was changed? I just changed mine again and it had a LOT of crap in it. As did the fuel pump screen. :bang: Crappy gas stations around here.

I would also check the gap on your plugs. Close the gap up a little and try the Autolite 24's instead of the stock 25s. It'll be one step colder and helped a great deal with my detonation. On and Off the bottle.

If you'll notice I usually throw out the "cheap" ideas... I don't have the money to spend that some of the guys on here do. :D

Once you get your car running good at all RPMs.... don't think about anything else but gears. Our auto cars need gears bad.

Dayum, I bet you your ride runs better than mine and I just had full exhaust and little mods. The 5.0 V8 begs for power, I still don't understand how the hell Ford was putting out muscle cars in the 80's/90's that were SO SLOW stock. I mean, 215 stock?

Oh well, it's all the more enjoyable when you mod her' up! :) You def. get the "sickness" when you see that almost every coupe nowadays is running 265 stock.

Damn I need another 10K just thinking about H/C/I and an adder.

my 95 cobra was slow my first trip out almost no traction and it was sluggish I tuned it up but still only ran a 15.6 @89mph our da that day was 5300' :D
Mar1282.jpg
now I have bumped my timming up to 14º added bfg drag radials mac shorties pullies 3.73 gears and ran a best of 14.39 @ 94.92mph I have cut more than a second off with bolt ons ... around here the 94 to 96 gt;'s run 16.1 to 16.8 with stick and auto's , our elevation is 3281'
190.jpg
in this race im on the left on the right is a 1996 gt auto with bogarts slicks with 4.10 gears ... and on my best pass was against a 2001 ss with bolt ons
timeslips009.jpg

Attachments

• Mar1282.jpg
    Mar1282.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 190.jpg
    190.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 60
  • timeslips009.jpg
    timeslips009.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 59
I agree that there might be something wrong. I would chk for any codes, exhaust leaks, chk timing, clean the maf ( when my maf went bad my car ran like crap) and maybe a basic tune up (plugs, wires, fuel filter,cap, rotor)

95Cobra302 said:
Holy crud stacy!! That elevation must really kill et and mph. My first time at the track with my stock 95 cobra was a 14.5 at 97.
yep it kills mph pretty bad most of the time the da is over 5000' so in march when I ran a 15.6 at sea level it was a 14.6 at 95mph now with my 14.39 @ 94.92 would be a 13.4 at 101mph I cant wait for a cooler day ...
corrected.jpg
:bang:

Attachments

• corrected.jpg
    corrected.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 46
The best I could manage with my nearly Stock 94 GT was 15.291 @ 91.64.

I'm in Northern, OH, the temps were nice and cool, and I suck at launching this thing.

I usually race FWD cars. :)

Its a AOD to 5spd swap car with nothing more than a BBK fenderwell intake, Flowmaster cat-back, and some decent rubber.

How much pressure should I be getting? I'm borderline of 40psi 38-42? This is off the Shreader valve before the injectors. Fuel filter has not been checked, but that will be this weekend I guess. Also, can I purchase an aftermarket adjustable regulator like the fox bodied 5.0's w/o too much trouble? I'm still not chip'ed yet.

dstanggt50 said:
I agree that there might be something wrong. I would chk for any codes, exhaust leaks, chk timing, clean the maf ( when my maf went bad my car ran like crap) and maybe a basic tune up (plugs, wires, fuel filter,cap, rotor)

Was platnium plugs a bad move? A few people are telling me that my car shouldn't run platnium plugs, is this true? If so, whats a reccomended plug?