Are all 94/95's this slow? Help Plz!

Thanks...

Thank you guys/gals (if any) for your help, this seems to be a very helpful forum, hope you guys don't mind if and when I ask alot of questions. Again thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

Problem found ? Maybe...

Well, MAF has been replaced, another tune-up w/standard plugs has also been done. I've noticed a smoother idle, but no major change in throttle response. I've also noticed a small squeak I dismissed earlier as spark-knock, but I'm sure it's now a sqeak! It sounds like what an older style belt system would sound like when needing some belt dressing, but it seems to be coming from the valvetrain?? Lifters, pushrods...do they sqeal? It only does it on hot days and at normal engine temps. It gets worse as I try to bump timing, Im at 7 degrees now, and I'll get the noise when I pass 2800 rpm through 3500 on a downshift or kickdown, then it clears up after 3500 and idles fine? Any help or pointers?

did you replace it with a brand new MAF or a used one? When I first ran my car it went 15.3 with 8 degrees timing because it was pinging real bad as well.....so i took the mass air sensor off the housing itself and cleaned it put it back together and it ran perfect an still does....i put hte timing to 14 degrees and it went 14.9@alsmost 93 car is bone stock other than that AODE as well....that's why i ask if you just got a used one because maybe that one is dirty as well, could also be you ACT or ECT sensors as well i've heard that can cause detonation too