Are flowmasters legal?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
I just went to get an inspection, in MA, and this ahrab guy was like...did you modify your exhaust, i was like yeah, there just a cat-back system....he told me you cant modify you exhaust at all!! wtf i thought flows were 50 state legal...maby this guy dident even know

• Sponsors (?)

GreenMustangGt said:
I just went to get an inspection, in MA, and this ahrab guy was like...did you modify your exhaust, i was like yeah, there just a cat-back system....he told me you cant modify you exhaust at all!! wtf i thought flows were 50 state legal...maby this guy dident even know

Unless it's some strange MA law, any modification after the cats should be okay.

The guys doesn't know what he's talking about. I live in MA and have had flows for years without any problem. I just got my emisions done last year. I did have to put my cats back for that but I'll leave them off for the safety inspection this year.

Mark

Here is Florida we don't have emmitions control or testing. Every state is unique. Kinda stupid for those who live in states where you can't modify you catback, but here we get a little lucky. Of course, we still have a decible law, so you can't drive around really loud. Like some people I know who run no tips. I think the loudest is 96Db, but I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure? Is this state wide or national?

Flows are fine in MA, I just wouldn't go to a major auto chain for inspection. They do sound really loud when in doors, so maybe thats why the guy failed you. Hopefully you got your 29 bucks back! Anyway, just go to a local shop and you shouldn't have a problem.