are long tubes headers hard to put on?

• Sponsors (?)

You will more than likely have to lift the engine a few inches for the passenger side header, and you may have to disconnect the steering linkage for the drivers side header.

The job is not hard, just time consuming. You can jack the motor up with a block of wood and a floor jack on the oil pan, or you can use an engine crane (after you unbolt the motor mounts, ofcourse).

I have bbk 1 5/8 LT's and they where a pain in the ass, But worth the effort. I tried every way possible to put them in without lifting the engine and it just wasn't happening.

Lift the engine with a jack and peice of wood and you should be able to do it pretty easy. Don't forget to unbolt the trans mount also when you lift the motor (I didn't and ended up cracking the trans mount, as well as crushing the bap sensor with the intake manifold).

mustanghunter50 said:
lol i always think to do that but end up not doing so and my hands get busted up- how would raising the engine make it quicker? seems to me it would take more time to do all of that

Cause you'll spend hours tryin to figure out a way to get them to slide in. as oppossed to unbolting the motor mounts. the way i did mine was i lifted one side at a time with a cherry picker and it gave just enough room to get the job done.