Are my calipers ricey??

golf4283

May 30, 2003
Orland Park, Illinois
Im in the process right now of painting the new calipers I picked up right now and I am painting them red to go with the theme of the 2001 Bullitt Mustangs. I like the look of the red calipers on that nice sleeper car and wanted to duplicate this. I have 4 wheel discs and all 4 will be red mind you. Is this rice???? or do you guys think it will look sweet and have my fellow stangers respoect?? Ill have pics up in a bit after I finish the painting. Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

golf4283 said:
Im in the process right now of painting the new calipers I picked up right now and I am painting them red to go with the theme of the 2001 Bullitt Mustangs. I like the look of the red calipers on that nice sleeper car and wanted to duplicate this. I have 4 wheel discs and all 4 will be red mind you. Is this rice???? or do you guys think it will look sweet and have my fellow stangers respoect?? Ill have pics up in a bit after I finish the painting. Thanks for any input.
no, not rice. I think it's a very nice, subtle touch.

golf4283 said:

Are there any other Red accents on the car?

I have 4 wheel disc brakes and prefer my calipers natural ;) but I know SSBC actually offers red (and other colors) now so I don't think you are swinging too far away from where the industry is heading. It could look nice, or it could look rice, what's important is how you think it looks.

I prefer the natural look, of course I have stock style calipers. I wouldn't paint stock calipers, to me that seems a little ricey. On the other hand, some trick baer or SSBC calipers look nice in red.

I am debating on whether this is rice or not also....

My car is going to be white, with blue stripes. It has 17" chrome bullets, slotted rotors in the front and drums in the rear...i was thinking of going with an anodized red caliper and anodized red drum. Not sure how it would look though

My car is black and it won't have any other red accents. It will have 17" bullets. It will be a definate sleeper but I love the look of bullitt calipers.

Allcarfan - IMO, red drums in the rear would be too ricey because all you ever see that on is ricer cars.

allcarfan - if you go with a white/blue scheme, the calipers would look cool in the same blue as the stripes

i think to many colors is what makes a car look ricey. ie: dirty rusty burgundy paint, unpainted body kit, aluminum wing with red anodized trim, gold wheels, black interior with bright yellow racing seats with no harnesses, fake carbon fiber shift knob, and green paint on the gauges........ :puke:

[NOMEX SUIT ON] [FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN HAND] IMHHHHHO it's rice

That being said, I'm sure alot of people think my primered, 6 cyl, hot rod coupe isn't their cup of tea either. You car, do what you want

golf4283 said:
Coolblue did u just drill holes in ur brakes??? for the cross drilled effect?? and if so, does it work??

Yeah I drilled the holes myself....took awhile...but just made a real simple template and bought half a dozen good bits- I think there are like 75 holes in each disc.

I did it mostly for looks to be honest.

Does it work?...Yeah - well the theory (helps water and gasses escape from under the pads and helps cooling) is sound; and i have not had any problems with it, i can say that much. But considering i went from the drums directly to them I have no comparison to anything else. The car stops great and pedal feel is awesome (no power).