Are stock Ford oem lifters better than Summit or Jegs lifters??

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
As you can tell from the title, what would be better the oem lifters from Ford since i can get a half price discount on them hehe or would ones from Summit or somewhere are better? Im guessing from Ford Since they ARE what came in our stangs from the factory Right? BTW anybody know the price of oem hydraulic roller lifters from a dealership?

• Sponsors (?)

87stangdiddle said:
As you can tell from the title, what would be better the oem lifters from Ford since i can get a half price discount on them hehe or would ones from Summit or somewhere are better? Im guessing from Ford Since they ARE what came in our stangs from the factory Right? BTW anybody know the price of oem hydraulic roller lifters from a dealership?

I'd buy the Ford lifters over anything Summit or Jegs sells under their name unless they told me who thier supplier is. Ford used mostly Crane sourced valvetrain in the 5.0.

Sealed Power division of Federal-Mogul made most of if not all the stock lifters - and they supply the FRPP lifters sold by the major houses too. Ford used Crane rockers in the Cobra.

tmoss said:
Sealed Power division of Federal-Mogul made most of if not all the stock lifters - and they supply the FRPP lifters sold by the major houses too. Ford used Crane rockers in the Cobra.

I have a book here that says Eaton made the stock 5.0L roller lifters.Eaton confirmed this in an e-mail a while back.

All the charactarisics of the original lifters I removed from my car matched exactly the Sealed Power lifters I got in the FRPP set from Summit and the 6 extras I bought on-line still in the manufacturers box that I replaced them with. Guess they weren't Etons and Eaton must not have supplied them all huh?