Are you gonna drive the 'Stang even though the gas is $$$$$ ?s

Are you still gonna drive your 'Stang even the gas is exspensive?

• I have no choice its my only ride.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Drive only on the weekends.

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Search for a way to get better MPG.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Convert to run on E85.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about gas prices.

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't drive it a whole lot as it is, but nothing will stop me from driving my 68 when I want to. The car is like an old friend, I won't stick it in the corner and forget about it just because it costs a few extra dollars to fill up.

not that I "don't care" about gas prices, I'll probally drive it less, but there's no doubt in my mind that no matter what the price of fuel is, it won't keep me from selling it or hanging up my keys.

I'll just do a burnout infront of the gas station and have fun suckin $4 premium at 13 per gallon, and I'll be lovin every minute of it.

My '88 GT gets decent enough mileage, and once my '68's insured next week, I'll be driving it primarily on weekends during the summer, no different than I would if gas were cheaper. Gas prices aren't what keeps me from driving the '68, it's more about not treating it like a beater. That's what my Mazda pickup is for. For instance, I hit a deer last month with the Mazda, and while I felt bad, and it did tweak the bumper on the Mazda, no big deal. I didn't even bother to replace the bumper! If it had happened with my '68, after I spent over $2,000 and several months getting the Shelby nose and hood right, the price of gas would be the least of my worries.

Both of my Mustangs are used for shows, cruises and the occasional pleasure ride only and are typically driven 1,000 to 1,500 miles each year. Gas could (and probably will be) $5.00 per gallon and my driving schedule will not change. The good driving weather season here is short and the cars provide a lot of fun and pleasure to give up and even at $5.00 per gallon my cost for the season would be only $800 to $900 for both cars - well worth it to me.

Jack

both my mustang and my falcon are down for rebuilding right now, but when they get back on the road they will both get better mileage than my current driver, the el camino at 17mpg.

For instance, I hit a deer last month with the Mazda, and while I felt bad, and it did tweak the bumper on the Mazda, no big deal.

I'm reminded of a Bill Engvald sketch in which he relates having "Sat on The Throne and Done What Comes Naturally" after a party night. Wife comes in, turns three distinct shades of green; and cries out, Did you hit a deer????

Meanwhile, in a slight detour back on-topic....... Since I haven't out Catrin back on the road just yet (still need about 4 contiguous "free days" to do the Cleveland right, and whole bunch of money to make the A/C good); I'm not too worried about the cost of gas.
Besides; properly tuned, a Vac Sec Holley-fed 351C in even a Big Cat will get better mileage than Mrs StDr's 5.9-powered Ram Quad-Cab; and possibly better than the Ginormous 330 CID in my F150 - given that it's sanely driven.

Of course, we're stuck on that whole "sanely driven" proviso..... I was just slightly less than sane when I had the Gran Torino as a DD; and I know in my heart that I'm dealing with almost the same engine/powertrain as my Grannie had; so..... uhhhhhh.... Yeah. :shrug:

:D

My mustang was never meant to be my daily driver even when I first got it. It was always going to be a fun car. I do drive it occasionaly to work but it gets between 10-12mpg in city driving even with a 5sp and 3.5 gears.

Well, now that we *FINALLY* know what the sam hill is causing the motor/tranny in Eleanor to disagree, we will be driving it once it's all together regardless of gas prices. ;) I didn't build it for the gas mileage. Of course, it's not the DD, but all three Mustangs will be driven whenever possible, to heck with the gas prices. With the craptacular weather we've had this year though, it hasn't been much! We had a HUGE hail storm (golf ball sized hail) a few eeks ago, and a few more storms with smaller hail since, so now dark clouds and "possibility of a severe storm" keeps the ponies in the stable...

I drive it to work about 20-25% of the time normally. My normal DD, an 89 Cadillac Seville, is more comfortable and I'd rather it eat the miles, but it actually only does marginally better on gas (Caddy gets 22-23 freeway, Mustang about 20, neither do well in the city).

Though the Mustang's mileage will probably take a small hit with the new parts.