Are you strictly a Ford person?

With whom is your loyalty?

• I'm a Ford-only person

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • I have no brand loyalties

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Just check my sig. And my wife has a Honda Pilot. FYI, A C10 is a Chevy 1/2 ton truck and XJ is a Jeep Cherokee.

I can see being loyalist, but don't get it when anyone knocks someone else's ride whether it by another brand, or another style (ie, tuner, offroad, lowrider etc.)

I currently only own Fords, but that is purely by attrition. Like CochinoFilipino, I used to have an old C10. Actually I've had three of them. The other night I sold my 1963 Chev Biscayne which was the last non-Ford in my driveway. The Mustang is my DD, while my wife has our '97 F-150 4X4. I also drove an '81 Jeep Renegade for years.

I had the Chevs mostly because they were cheap and easy to fix and I couldn't afford Fords which always seem to hold their value a little better.

I'm mostly a Ford person, I've had 5 mustangs, a 97 F-250 4x4 crew cab, a 57 Fairlane, and a 65 F100 4x4. I've also owned 2 jeeps and a 1/4 Ford Mazda RX8, a Honda, a '73 Formula 400 Firechicken, a '68 Cougar XR7 GT w/ 428 4spd. I lean towards Fords, but the classics just don't allow for the same mpg that the Mazda and Honda have and commuting 66 mile 1 way to work each day, that tends to be a major factor now.

i dont really care as long as its cool.
Same here. I like individual vehicles for themselves, not who makes them. Although I have to admit I'm very fond of Jeeps. I'd eventually love to get a Grand Cherokee, but it will probably never happen because with one gas guzzler (Sadie), if I get another car, it's going to have to be something that gets really great gas milage.

-Chelle

no

I also have a 70 Plymouth Road Runner (plum crazy was a stock color) and my wife's "toy is a 71 Cutlass SX Convertible

RR: (440 engine car)

2162907_2_full.jpg

Cutlass: (455 engine car)

248633531.jpg

I have a:
92 F150
83 Mustang
70 Mustang
65 F250

I've had some non-Fords, but I'm not that interested in buying any more at the moment. I wouldn't rule out ever buying a non-Ford though.

It's possible there may come a day.. :D

I'm partial to Ford, but will/do own non-fords. One DD is a Subaru Baja, just picked up a 92 Bronco XLT to keep some miles off the Subie (we put about 40,000 on in less than 2 years!). In addition, we've got the two stangs, my 91 Ranger (off the road, long story that pisses me off when I think about it) and an 82 Firebird (rusty, runs, no interior-hubby's first car). Anything cool with wheels gets my attention, and we cruise with friends with chevies, mopar, whatever...

Bulldog66 said:
Wait - there's another Make?

exactly:nice:

i have owned some foreign cars but everything else has been a ford. i wont ever buy a chevy, ever. i would buy another import.

right now i have
1997 ford ranger
2003 cobra
1966 mustang (first car)

gone but not forgoten
1987 mustang gt
1990 mustang lx

BTW i do have a chevy (left to me). its a 1956 APACHE truck, and ITS FOR SALE! LOL:rlaugh:

My '95 is my third car, and my third Mustang(the '66 was my first car).
I like Fords because I like the vehicles. When I was looking to replace my totalled '01 V6, almost every salesman asked, "Is there a reason is has to be a Mustang?" I usually said, "Yes. I know those cars better than any other car, so I know what to look for in them."

As far as the company goes, I'm sick of seeing the unions and pennypinchers holding Ford's potential back. It always seems that everytime Ford engineers come up with something cool, the idiots up top ignore them; usually for the sake of cost. If the UAW didn't exist, Ford probably wouldn't be as worried about cost. If I ever have to buy a new car, it just might be from a company that doesn't use the UAW; you always seem to get more toys and better performance that way.:shrug:

i dont really care as long as its cool.
I agree. I wouldn't mind having a different brand car, I just happen to like Mustangs the most so I have two.

I grew up with my dad and older brother having different brands so I never really got into brand loyalty.

I grew up with all of these cars, except the '06 Mustang and '02 Trans Am. They had those after I moved out.
'66 Ford Mustang 289
'06 Ford Mustang V6
'68 Ford Mustang GT 390
'68 Chevy C10 Custom shortbed 350
'68 Chevy El Camino SS 396
'67 Dodge Coronet 383
'68 Plymouth Barracuda 'vert slant 6
'67 Pontiac Tempest 350
'00 Pontiac Trans Am
'02 Pontiac Trans Am WS-6
'95 Pontiac Bonneville

Though I have owned over 25 Classic Ponies, my musclecar alleigence is split. I also am an avid Hurst/Olds afficianado, currently looking for another 74 like I had before...

HOatshow.jpg

I also had a 2000 GMC Sonoma that was flawless. :nice:

Currently, I have a hard time really backing both Ford & Shelby with thier current policies. I will keep my preferences on our soil, though.:flag:

Attachments

• HOatshow.jpg
    HOatshow.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 74
First car was a 68 coupe 302 which i still own, and plan to be buried in hahaha. second car was a 2000 v6 mustang, then a 2001 ranger edge 4x4extended cab, then a 1990 f150 4x4. currently i have 2003 vw passat, and let me tell you right now that this is the first and last vw I will ever buy. I wanted a Lincoln LS and for what these vw's cost i could have had one, but the wife seems to think that all Lincolns are "old people cars", i tend to disagree. my wife drives a 2004 explorer. so i guess you can say that i am a ford man other than the mistake that i made right now with the v-dub. but old cars are all awesome.