As a joke, I had to ...

140cilx

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2001
GA
Simplicity Lawn Tractors, (my mower brand) is having this beautiful lawns online contest.

This means there are strange types of men that surf the Simplicity website because they are so proud and pumped about their mowers they just can't get enough time with it from mowing. Then they get all excited and go cut their grass in some weird pattern rather than just the quick tried and true back and forth. THEN they run back outside and take photo's of their lawn (gay).

Worse, my buddy Dalton B did this, see page 2 (on the thread below). Then he IM's me and tells me I gotta do this so I can get my free ballcap (woohoo!!! :rolleyes: ).

So, after ragging him out for several days, after I cut my grass, I went to the worst section of my yard (GA clay comes to the surface :notnice: ), shot a pic, and I'll be, they posted it: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/greatlawns.php.

You'll have no problems spotting it. :D

If I woulda known they were gonna post THAT, I woulda posted this one I took of my sister's fine mowing skills:
mysistercanmow.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

did you ask you're buddy why you got on the first page and he's on the 2nd?

You know, with way these guys took the pics they will eventually forma support group for the owners of yards like yours. I should send one of me mowing around the 20 cars here at the house:p

351wcoupe said:
did you ask you're buddy why you got on the first page and he's on the 2nd?
You know - what he failed to mention was the fact that I just wanted a free baseball hat - because I wear them year round. And even though you can't notice in the pic - I only mowed up to that one section of my yard that day...I didn't exactly take any time to perfect it for my picture.

James is just a loser. :rolleyes:

'course not. I told him page 1 was for the top prize candidates, of which one will win a new AWD top o' the line Simplicity, and my yard obviously was judged better. hee hee.

140's Bud said:
You know - what he failed to mention was the fact that I just wanted a free baseball hat - because I wear them year round. And even though you can't notice in the pic - I only mowed up to that one section of my yard that day...I didn't exactly take any time to perfect it for my picture.

James is just a loser. :rolleyes:
Thats ok. I plan to visit the area in august and we ahve a landscaping bussiness. I'll just bring a few chemicals with me. I can "take care" of those few green spots.

Wait a minute....I can see me driving across 10 states with a trunk full of chemicals and a nitrous bottle.... ok nevermind. :p

I have to mow my yard today but my weeded craped out on me :( The mower did too but I fixed it. I'm just to damn lazy to work on a weeder :p Why do people take pictures of there lawn :scratch: I took some as a joke for the 4.6 talk guys once but thats it. Heck I got the best yard on the block also...well before I hired guys to take care of it for me :bang: Damn gardners...They was choping my shrubs WAYto short dispite my what the rest of the neighbor hoods looked like :nonono: Then they started cutting my grass to short..St Augustine needs a 2" blade. Then they started saying I need to treat the soil to get the grass growning to fill in the bald spots :rolleyes: Two weeks after I let them go the balds spots are almost gone.