Asking for help..

Okay..i just found out today that my car had been bumped(a noticable scratch) on my front side bumper on the passanger side...i was told by the my neighbor himself that he had done it...it was great that he was honest...cause i didnt even know this hads happen...anyways he says he will pay for the damage....so im asking anyone here how much should i ask him...The bumper has a noticeable scratch like i said. It will probably be more noticable after it stops raining...

• Sponsors (?)

take it to a reputable body shop near you
get a formal estimate written up of how much will it cost total
parts, labour, paint.

once you get that, just take it to your neighbor.
he'll pay. he's an honest guy that he told you about it. but he still does not want you to notify insurance, so he'll just pay you under the table.

I had to have my bumper repainted due to the same thing a few years ago. Cost around $275 to have it sanded down and repainted. As for the head lamp, try mustangsunlimited.com, they have them pretty reasonably priced.

M9rkym9rk112 said:
Any cheaper way..so i can make this guy's life a little bit easier..
Good on you for trying to help him out a bit. :nice:

Try to find the headlamp used from a wrecker somewhere. Or try www.stangparts.com. The body shop will just charge you for a new headlamp assembly from Ford, which I'm sure is crazy expensive.

Is the bumper plastic actually cracked/torn? You could sand the bumper down yourself, and take it to a shop and tell them you just want it PAINTED. Spraying a bumper should cost no more than a hundred or two MAX.

If the bumper is actually cracked, try a wreckers or StangParts for a used one. Front bumpers are sometimes hard to find, though.

I hit a cat with the corner of my bumper a few months ago... still haven't gotten around to fixin it.... i'm waiting til i get enough money to get the whole car painted black... everything, even under the carpet ;)