At a loss. need some help

I'm having trouble figuring out my sisters car. Whats going on is when the motor is cold it wont stay running, but if you keep your foot on the pedal till it gets heat to the motor it will run. It pops through the intake also during warm up. After the motor is warm it runs fine. I'm at a loss. Tried setting the timing, swaping the Act sensor , coolant temp sensor , tps, mass air and barometric pressure sensor. Even swapped out distributors and coil. I'm at a loss any help is appreciated. The car is an 89 gt . thank you for any help. Sincerely Barry

• Sponsors (?)

Popping through the intake indicates an "advanced timing" problem. I'd check and redo the timing ... you said you tried not sure what that means. Certainly get the timing right and then see how it runs! Good Luck!

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems.

The quick and easy way to dump the codes is in there too, and all you need to do it is a paper clip! The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.