AT Racing World heads? (Or other "cheap" brands...)

• Sponsors (?)

Have you seen the load I have to carry around, bouncing back and forth like they do? Not a lot of people understand how painful it is to just walk out of a room. Sometimes it's enough to make a guy not fun.... (If you're not exactly sure what I'm talking about, please see my avatar. :jester: )

Reactions: 1 user
I run a set of RHS 200 heads on my 393w , they've performed well for me.
Granted they are an older version and had some work done to them by FTI before I picked them up.
Thats what this is about sort of. Reviews on sub one thousand dollar heads. When you bolted them on did you achieve instant, smooth power. And put the miles on

Pete, the ad I'm referencing is in Kentucky and they're asking $700 firm. I'd pass the ad info along to you since that's a decent price, but shipping might be an issue. They're about a 5 hour drive from me in Marietta. :shrug:

To be honest I have wanted cheap heads forever, but lately with all the talk of keeping things stock I am becoming a believer. I am a little worried after all the reading over the years that I would replace my top end, and forever have problems. Just the issues with the intake manifold leaking vacuum. Oil leaks ect. I cant take to much crap from my car. Every time I attempt some engine related stuff it bites me in the ass. Next I am doing the quarter window repair. The rod goes into a holder at the bottom and its broken. One window has major issues. You have to rip everything out of the back to do it. My wife doesnt want to work that much so I got to cover everything so my budget is a couple hundred at a time. I still have to replace my power steering pulley this weekend then get driving again. Right now its raining like crazy with tropical storm Ada and 50 mph winds

Thats what this is about sort of. Reviews on sub one thousand dollar heads. When you bolted them on did you achieve instant, smooth power. And put the miles on
Well, they were part of my 393 build so I didn't bolt them on to an existing build and compare.
Very happy with the power of this build , gobs of low end torque and pulls hard to 6k which is about as high as I take it.
Obviously there is more to it than just the heads but it's a fun street car that was built on a budget.
Not sure if RHS fits into the sub $1k category ? I believe currently they are $700-$800 a piece with valves etc installed.

These are the same heads as Blueprints engines sells. I just bought a set of those and had my machinist build them w Comp parts. Stainless 1 piece chevy valves 2.02 1.6 Haven't bolted them on yet, BBK is being slow to send me some headers....BTW I got the pedestal mount version.