Attempted to get duals today...

• Sponsors (?)

kevins05v-6 said:
they look "beefy"! hella-nice!!
what wheels do you have?

I still have the stock oem wheels.. I know, its a painfull existance.. LOL!! The Cobra Wheels will be installed before the end of Summer... If not within the next month or so.. I'm shooting before the end of June..

All I need to do is get my stamina past 3 minutes for the wife... LOL!! Maybe a good 15 minute burst will do it.. LOL!! :D

MSP said:
I still have the stock oem wheels.. I know, its a painfull existance.. LOL!! The Cobra Wheels will be installed before the end of Summer... If not within the next month or so.. I'm shooting before the end of June..

All I need to do is get my stamina past 3 minutes for the wife... LOL!! Maybe a good 15 minute burst will do it.. LOL!! :D

:lol: :rlaugh:
I should be getting some GT takeoff Bullits next month if like you I can get my stamina back again as well LMAO!!!!oh yeah that and install some french doors in place of our sliding glass doors...

MSP said:
@ALL

Does anyone know the HP of a newer BMW M3? I just raced one on the freeway, and had like 2 car lengths on him.. LOL!! I am a bad person.. I should be punished!! :cheers:

Guys, maybe I should stop modding my Mustang.. This can only lead to trouble.. A promise to myself..

1. Be a more responsible driver..

2. When behind the wheel of my Mustang, first and foremost, think of the consequences if something should go wrong..

3. Resist the urge to prove anything, when taunted by another sports car..

I'm pretty sure M3's can almost keep up with GT's, or better...

Zodiac said:
The new BMW M3s are a 333HP 3.2L Inline V6

It is possible he lifted.. I knew they had 300+ HP... I actually have a good friend who has one.. He had BMW put the performance kit on it, which boost the car to 400HP..

I dont see how he could of missed a gear.. The race was about 1/4 mile on the freeway, starting at about 70MPH.. Of course, had the race continued on for some time, I certainly would have had to wash his boots.. LOL!! But it was fun anyway..

Interestingly enough, I feel he could of ended it alot sooner.. But I lifted first, then he sped by me..

So factually, yes I was way out of my league... But in reality, he couldnt get me.. LOL!!

I know the cars have the tiptronic transmissions.. From riding in my buddies car, he can adjust how the car shifts.. It is most likley, he had the transmission in the economy shift pattern.. Which will shift the car at alot less rpms, than in performance mode.. So what does that mean?

That means, they better come at the V6 Stang in performance mode, or else eat mud!! LOL!! :D

@ALL

Did you guys really think I didnt know about the car? LOL!! Get real!

Well, tomorrow I "attempt" to get duals, as this thread was so eloquently put. The only thing I’m fretting is that this guy might screw the job up, and not do what I say. When I call him up, I’m going to tell him exactly what I want, where the X pipe goes, what pipes to run where, and how to mount the mufflers. Theoretically, I’m only buying 10' of pipe and labor (welding, bending, etc.) which I wouldn’t think would be more than $150. What do you guys think?

MSP - I hate to rain on your parade, but until I see dyno numbers, I have a hard time believing any claim about spanking a GT. The stock V6 puts out 210HP. The 4.6 puts out 300HP. I have a very hard time believing that putting a few holes in your airbox and throwing an X pipe and GT take offs will give you 90HP. I am just hesitant to believe your claims until I see some dyno numbers.

Jacked by a MayTag!

MisterCMK said:
MSP - I hate to rain on your parade, but until I see dyno numbers, I have a hard time believing any claim about spanking a GT. The stock V6 puts out 210HP. The 4.6 puts out 300HP. I have a very hard time believing that putting a few holes in your airbox and throwing an X pipe and GT take offs will give you 90HP. I am just hesitant to believe your claims until I see some dyno numbers.

Agreed my friend!! I feel the exact same way.. Please check this thread regularly to see when I do post the Dyno numbers. I am just as anxious as you to see them...

In the mean time, My 2006 Saleen Wheels, just got jacked by a @!#$*& washing machine..

Check this out guys.. Yesterday, went to wash my cloths.. Bad mistake! Damn washing machine soaked the garage.. So I'm thinking kool, I'll just replace the hose.. Turns out, the hoses are in perfect condition, and the washing machine is busted..

So my wife, the genius that she is, takes my money for my 2006 Saleen Wheels, and buys a damn Maytag Top of the line washing machine for $800 bucks, and also buys a $100 warranty!...

Dude!! She could have bought one of the less expensive ones! $299 would have been fine.. But no, she had to buy the top of the line.. Damn!!

So my question to you is, will me having extra clean cloths, help my Mustang look any better or run faster.. I must turn this into a positive experience.. Will my perfectly white T-Shirts, help me take down a 1994 GT Mustang? LOL!!

I need to crack a joke guys, I am so pissed off right now!! Damn!! :notnice:

Yes the gt has 90 more hp, and 80 more lbft of torque. It also weight 200 more lbs. I would think that once the v6 hits the 280hp and 300tq mark, it will probably be just as fast if not faster than the gt because of the lost weight.

I think with enough practice i could probably get my v6 to run a 14 second quarter mile stock. Ive already come really close (and have done it with my gtech). Im hoping with a cai, headers, exhaust, and a tune i can dip into the low 14's, and get a nice tlok in there.

the v6 manuals are dyno'ing at about 190 at the wheels, and a gt auto is about 260 at the wheels. Thats only 70hp to go to match a gt auto in power, plus you will have a 200 lb weight advantage.

Thanks for the ecouragement guys! But it gets worse.. The Maytag actually raped me for $1200 bucks plus the $100 warranty.. I dont need my close that clean.. I'm fine with a few stuck in oil and grease stains.. That Maytag wont be delivered to this house.. The wife is going to have to get a refund, and find another washer.. The $800 bucks was because of the rebate.. LOL!! Are you kidding me?

I am really thinking of going down to the store tomorrow and look for that damn sales man.. I will threaten him, that if my wife ever comes to this store again, he better stay 500 ft away from her, or his ass is mine once he punches out!! :mad:

In regards to the V6's power, we have a real big problem, to all the non-believers..

I am not new to the Mustang scene.. Like I have said in the past, I have owned a 1988 Saleen Mustang (Black #635), and also, bought one of the first 1993 Cobra Mustangs ever released... You see, in regards to the 1993 Cobra, I ordered it before it was available, and picked it up.. I even seen it roll off the truck..

So, what we have here is a very sick and informed V8 Mustang owner, who now owns a V6..

This is the problem.. My V6 Stang is not slouching at all.. I want to say, based on experience, that it has about 260HP right now.. This is based on the way it pulls... Now, we know the car stock, has about a real 220hp-225hp... In real terms.. Downgraded by Ford to 210HP..

I am going to gamble and say the car is most likley sitting at 260HP.. What is going to the rear wheels I'm not sure. Possibly 215HP to 221HP..

This is going to be a dicey discussion.. Also, the problem is, if another chip were to be installed in the car with a performance program, where would that put it? These are serious questions.. I will try my hardest to get dynod sometime this week...

Just for the record.. Let me list all the Stangs I have owned..

1. 1966 Mustang 289 Hi-Po 4spd

2. 1984 Mustang 5.0 GT350 Limited Edition

3. 1988 Saleen Mustang Black #635

4. 1993 Mustang Cobra GT40 RED

5. 1995 Mustang GT -Bought it because I feared the 5.0 engine was gone forever.

6. 2005 Mustang V6- Bought it becuase I knew with a SuperCharger, it could rule the world..-----( Remember the Black Buick V6 Turbo?)--- It was a Mustang Killer!
http://www.fast-autos.net/buick/buickgrandntl.html

Ok guys, I'm back in business.. Wife has agreed to return the washer!! Wheww!! That was a close one.. LOL!! Word of advice guys, stop washing your clothes! We dont need clean clothes anyway.. LOL!! :D

@ALL

Ok for the V6 owners, remember this quote.. Look at the last line in this paragraph.. This is the statement, you must all keep in the back of your mind..

The Buick Turbo cars from 1978 - 1987 are being collected by many enthusiasts. The reasons are many, but perhaps the main reason is the combination of luxury, awesome power and economy, all in one nice package. The 1984 - 1987 Grand Nationals represent the hallmark of these Buick Turbo Cars. The all-black exterior paint and the bulging hood reminds us of the muscle cars of the sixties and early seventies. The Turbo V6 engine, with all of its sophisticated components, makes us realize that technology, when applied in the right manner, can effectively substitute for cubic inches.

http://www.gnttype.org/

As of right now, we dont know what Ford had in their plans in regards to engine tolerances.. What I mean is, we dont know what they designed the block, and all of its inward components to handle in terms of HP.. We know Ford expected things to be different with this particular engine.. After all, it was meant for the 2005 Mustang.. Now, understanding the atmosphere right now, in regards to gas prices and the like, it could be seen or understood, Ford safeguarded the success of the 2005 Mustang, within the V6..

So understand what I am saying.. Lets say, only the most pure enthusiast were to buy the 2005 Mustang V8.. This will not be enough to sustain Ford with this particular model.. They need Grandmas and Grandpas excited enough to buy the Mustang, before it can be considered a success.. They need the average person who is not concerened with V8 power, to buy into the Mustang Legend.. Most of these people will buy a V6.. Because of obvious reasons..

So in order to protect the 2005 Mustang, and subsequent years, they had to build the V6 engine on the edge.. It needed to be able to compete with cars from the Japanese and European Markets... We all know, HP is coming in many forms these days.. To have a 2005 Mustang V6 lose to a 2005 Honda Civic would be disasterous.. This must not be allowed to take place.. They needed an engine, that on a moments notice, could be quickley changed to suit the needs or wishes of an everchanging market.. There would not be time to make far reaching changes to the engine.. If a magazine samples a Mustang, and places it in a certain price range, or bracket, they wont pair up a Honda Civic against a GT.. It will be a V6.. The V6 Mustang has many competitors in which to compete.. For it to perform in a sub-par condition would be un-acceptable.. So they had no choice but make the engine on the edge of performance.. Hold it back slightly off the showroom floor, but allow it to have the ability scale without making broad changes to the short block..

This is what we have guys.. We have a Mustang, right on the edge, of being able to just rip *%@! up!! Tweak it alittle here and there, and your all set..

I have a very hard time believeing you that a GT takeoff and holes in your intake will give you 40-50HP. Just because you have owned mustangs does not make you a dyno. If you post the dyno results and I am wrong, so be it, but I want to see results.