Attempted to get duals today...

MisterCMK said:
I have a very hard time believeing you that a GT takeoff and holes in your intake will give you 40-50HP. Just because you have owned mustangs does not make you a dyno. If you post the dyno results and I am wrong, so be it, but I want to see results.

I dont have GT take-offs.. I have 2 Chamber Flowmasters..

MisterCMK, I like you.. I like you because you challenge me.. LOL!! Your type is what makes these types of forums all worth it.. I will set my Dyno appointment tomorrow Sir.. You have made me even more curious.. In terms of HP, what is a number, that will bring you to my side of the arguement? What numbers do you need to justify trading in your V8.. LOL!! Seriously, are you considering buying a V6?

All kidding aside, I will set my Dyno appointment tomorrow, and request that a pdf file be applied to a floppy disk so the entire result can be shared with friends..

• Sponsors (?)

Philstang said:
My educated guess at your hp #'s is 185-190 at the wheels.

Thanks for the encouragement PhilStang! LOL!! If for some reason your even close, I have a real problem with detecting power.. LOL!!

Boy, no wonder you guys dont believe anything I say.. Is that the numbers we are looking at for pretty close to stock? Jesus!!! No way its that low..

But the Dyno must be done..

LOL!! Good Lord Philstang, that sure is an eye opener.. If the numbers come close to that I will check myself into some type of counseling program...

Assuming the weights of 3223 for the V6 with a manual tranny, and 3356 for the V8 with a manual tranny. Both weights are in deluxe form as referenced from fordvehicles.com, and the power ratings of 210 for the V6 and 300 for the V8.

Using the auto calculator from binaryinc.org (http://binaryinc.org/Auto_Calc.org), I get 14.47 at 94.16mph for the V6, and 13.02 at 104.63mph for the V8. In order for your car to run the same speed as the V8, you would need to put out 288hp to get the same speed. This would be a 78hp gain from the x pipe and GT takeoff exhaust.

MSP said:
Which I must add, the car pulls hard all the way to 6500rpm.. This is enough to maintain atleast a 1/2 a car length on the GT's, by the time you get to the next stoplight.. LOL!! 1/2 a car length, is all that is needed for them to start giving us the respect we deserve.

To put 1/2 car length on a GT, we will assume a target time of 12.75 seconds, for arguments sake. To achieve a 12.75 second time, you will need to put out between 307 and 308 horse. This is 97 or 98 horse above baseline. For these types of gains, you are in supercharger range. I just have a hard time believing it.

I do have to give you props for sticking with it, and coming up with some good ideas. I also have to give you a lot of credit for having very respectful and informative responses to those who question you, including me.

MisterCMK said:
Assuming the weights of 3223 for the V6 with a manual tranny, and 3356 for the V8 with a manual tranny. Both weights are in deluxe form as referenced from fordvehicles.com, and the power ratings of 210 for the V6 and 300 for the V8.

Using the auto calculator from binaryinc.org (http://binaryinc.org/Auto_Calc.org), I get 14.47 at 94.16mph for the V6, and 13.02 at 104.63mph for the V8. In order for your car to run the same speed as the V8, you would need to put out 288hp to get the same speed. This would be a 78hp gain from the x pipe and GT takeoff exhaust.

To put 1/2 car length on a GT, we will assume a target time of 12.75 seconds, for arguments sake. To achieve a 12.75 second time, you will need to put out between 307 and 308 horse. This is 97 or 98 horse above baseline. For these types of gains, you are in supercharger range. I just have a hard time believing it.

I do have to give you props for sticking with it, and coming up with some good ideas. I also have to give you a lot of credit for having very respectful and informative responses to those who question you, including me.

Thanks MisterCMK, however I believe I have refrained from making statements in regards to a 2005 Mustang GT! I think.. Once again, I must stress, I do not involve myself with the GT Takeoffs.. I would have just bought a GT.. I have Flowmasters... Not that the Flowmasters are terribly different from the GT Take-offs.. but we must remain precise when speaking in terms of whats actually on my car..

In regards to the Air-Intake Box, you speak in terms as if the holes put there are not too significant.. When infact, they have made a tremendous difference in the response of the car.. Rememeber, when I first added the X-PIPE dual exhaust I lost some low-end Torque.. Those holes that you speak of have ressurected the the minimal loss of torque which took place after the X-PIPE Dual exhaust installation.. Also, the higher end or upper RPM range is a quite significant pull..

I am hoping, once the dyno is run, the graph will show a tremendous spike above 4500RPM up to about 6250-6500RPM... You are not taking into account the 500% increase in scanvenge the X-PIPE has over an H-PIPE.. Let alone the Y in which I removed and placed in the X-PIPE.. This means my scavenge has risen maybe 700 to 1000% over stock.. The Holes in the intake along with the K&N Air filter are also apart of the equation.. These gains by themselves appear to be only slight.. But working together you will see several things..

The numbers PhilStang has referenced(185-190RWHP) are from a bone stock V6.. Mine is not bone stock anymore.. My car is breathing and exhausting much better.. I have basically doubled the exhaust volume of the car going with a true dual exhaust setup.. The X-PIPE has a much better efficiency than the stock Y pipe which is linked to a single exhaust setup.. Again, I must stress the holes.. Perhaps just as significant as the X-PIPE to some extent.. They must be respected... When I get the dyno posted, you will learn a new respect for holes.. LOL!! :D

MisterCMK said:
Like I said, lets wait until the dyno results are in.

If for some reason I am surprised, please dont beat me up.. I will keep striving to bring forth gains MisterCMK.. I have a long way to go.. I guess I must look at this is my very first challenge.. Hopefully, I can somewhat win this bout, but will accept defeat graciously, and return another day to fight again..

Like I said, consider my appointment to be set tomorrow.. The shop opens at 8am.. I will call him at 830am and set the appointment..

For this bout MisterCMK, we will wear 8ounce gloves.. No hitting below the belt, and if a knockdown should occure, please go to the closest neutral corner!! Good Luck!! Ding Ding!!..................

For the record, I win if my RWHP is 215HP or above!! A knock out is 220RWHP! Should I have less than 210RWHP, you win by K.O!!

To MSP
Similar intake and exhaust mods on other cars tend to yield 12-15 hp. And your intake still has the factory corrogated rubber intake tube running from the air box to the tb. So, unless the 4.0 is just extremely bottled up in it's as delivered state, then I would assume the same for this car too. I just can't see it dynoing over 200hp at the wheels. But I would like to be proven wrong by a dyno and would gain an even greater respect for these great looking/running cars.

I also don't agree with the X-pipe being far superior to the H-pipe design. In 5.0's at least. The X-pipe generally provides a couple more hp and sacrifices some torque when compared to an equally fitted H-pipe, meaning they are both off-road or both fittd with high-flow cats. A 500% increase is unheard of when comparing X to H. Again, the X leans to the hp side while the H leans to the torque side. But yes, either X or H should be better for scavenging than the existing Y pipe. Maybe to the tune of 10hp increase. Do you already have the SCT or other tune? This should definitely amp up your hp #'s when your combo is dialed in. Keep it up.

MSP said:
If for some reason I am surprised, please dont beat me up.. I will keep striving to bring forth gains MisterCMK.. I have a long way to go.. I guess I must look at this is my very first challenge.. Hopefully, I can somewhat win this bout, but will accept defeat graciously, and return another day to fight again..

Like I said, consider my appointment to be set tomorrow.. The shop opens at 8am.. I will call him at 830am and set the appointment..

For this bout MisterCMK, we will wear 8ounce gloves.. No hitting below the belt, and if a knockdown should occure, please go to the closest neutral corner!! Good Luck!! Ding Ding!!..................

For the record, I win if my RWHP is 215HP or above!! A knock out is 220RWHP! Should I have less than 210RWHP, you win by K.O!!

That sounds like a deal.

Philstang said:
My educated guess at your hp #'s is 185-190 at the wheels.

My still stock 05 V6 3 days after I bought it on the Dyno put out 194 RWHP and 249 RWTQ.

I do believe that the magnaflow dual setup and a CAI will ad about 20 - 30 crank HP so we should see about 15 - 25 RWHP with putting those on. It is still a long way from keeping up with a 99+ GT. A 99 - 04 GT put down on average 235 RWHP. Now however if you are talking 98 and older GT we should be able to keep up with one of these in the stock form, especially the old 5.0's.

As for everyone cutting their bumpers, you should just get the magnaflow kit that does not require you to cut the bumpers.

Philstang said:
To MSP
Similar intake and exhaust mods on other cars tend to yield 12-15 hp. And your intake still has the factory corrogated rubber intake tube running from the air box to the tb. So, unless the 4.0 is just extremely bottled up in it's as delivered state, then I would assume the same for this car too. I just can't see it dynoing over 200hp at the wheels. But I would like to be proven wrong by a dyno and would gain an even greater respect for these great looking/running cars.

I also don't agree with the X-pipe being far superior to the H-pipe design. In 5.0's at least. The X-pipe generally provides a couple more hp and sacrifices some torque when compared to an equally fitted H-pipe, meaning they are both off-road or both fittd with high-flow cats. A 500% increase is unheard of when comparing X to H. Again, the X leans to the hp side while the H leans to the torque side. But yes, either X or H should be better for scavenging than the existing Y pipe. Maybe to the tune of 10hp increase. Do you already have the SCT or other tune? This should definitely amp up your hp #'s when your combo is dialed in. Keep it up.

I distictly remember a qutoe from a guy on stangnet, who works as on of Ford's engenieers on the stang's, and he said the V6 was built to good and the restricted it big time as to not insult previous GT owners. Even my sales rep was saying that i could easily get another 50 horse out of minor changes (retune, exhuast, intake)

shave35 said:
Ok guys I went with the Reverse Y set up for my duels. I left the front Y pipe completely stock, added a reverse Y behind it and now love the new sound and I have a nice kick in power all the way through mid to upper powerband, while the lower end seems to be the same. I cut my own bumper using a template I made of the passenger side, then transfered it over to the drivers side and used a dremal tool to make the cut in the bumper. Thanks for your imputs.

Did you have your mud flapps painted?

I also remember a forum where someone posted that they heard the engine was "detuned" a lot to not compete with the GT. I'm getting very excited on all this secret Hp talk.. To pay less money and uncork HP and TQ to the amount of 50+ is getting my blood boiling... :hail2:

Hey guys! Turns out the shop where I will get dyno'd took an extra day off.. So I will have to set my appointment tomorrow.. But it should be Dyno'd by the weekend.. So MisterCMK and I are still scheduled for the light-heavy weight preliminary skirmish.. LOL!! Not a belt ranking, but enough to enter me into the bigtime.. LOL!!

I am glad to see I have a few more people in my corner.. It is definatley going to be alot of secrets revealed soon enough.. But hopefully, you all read my post in regards to Fords underlying plan.. The 2005 Mustang, and all subsuquent models, have been safeguarded by the V6 Stang.. This means, should the EPA or some other government agency declare something ridiculous, the Mustang is safe.. All Ford would have to do, is loosen up a couple of bolts on the V6 Mustangs, to stay in the game..

Please read my long winded post in regards to the subject which is posted above or a page or 2 back.. I know most of you understand that Ford had to make a calculated move in regards to the V6, because of the envirnment.. With all the talk of hybrid cars and such, it only made sense for them to make 2 engines for the Mustang, that were both powerful enough to take the Mustang into the next 5 yrs atleast..

Heck, worst case scenario in Ford's mind is, strap a Kenney Bell SuperCharger on top of the V6.. Or even throw on a Turbo Header and bring back the SVO..

I just want the GT people to understand, that the Mustang SVO will be back.. Yes, Ford feels it was a big mistake before.. They made promises never to do it again, but you know in the end, it will sell.. A 2005 Mustang V6 Turbo! With 15psi of boost, for slightly under $30,000 dollars! LOL!! Are you kidding me? how many of us would not love that Mustang!! :rlaugh:

Alright, dropped off my car this morning at the shop, says he'll do it for $175-200 max. He also says that x-pipes are a joke and that MSP's kick is B.S. too. Man this guy is crazy (redneck), hope he can do the exhaust ok.

As for the car being detuned, it isnt detuned in the way you are thinking where you can just reprogram it and be done with it. I believe they meant originally compressrion ratio was higher, to get more power, maybe different exhaust manifolds, etc. im actually happier to do the modding to get the power, than buyin it stock, its more fun that way. (otherwise you would be payin 23k base for a 6, and probably 28 for a gt, that dont seem like much fun)