Attention Ford Mustang Engineering Team

sajawebb

Apr 4, 2004
Ford Mustang Engineer Team - We have option requests

If you guys and gals are peeking in, how about implementing some of the things we diehard mustang fans are craving. I think the vast majority of members are really wanting 18's!!! I would love the option! If this isn't workable at the present time, drop a line and tell us why not! Any other members feel free to drop a line or two on what you'd like to see included as an option. Maybe someone will hear us. I mean all the basics are probably set in stone, but some minor cosmetic enhancements are possible. Hey ford team...how about signal arrows in the side mirrors??? Is a remote available for the shaker system? I hate to reach over to change song/volume/etc. These are all safety issues. What else? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

numenor27 said:
whats with those remotes to the stero? i mean, the volume/tumer etc is about 6 inches away from your hand, why would you ever need a remote? :shrug:

I couldn't agree more... besides, if you have a manual, you're not holding the remote. So, instead of moving six inches to the radio, you're moving six inches to the center consol to grab your remote only to retract your hand six inches to use the remote only to realize the batteries are dead so you extend you hand six inches back to the center console to put the remote back and then you elevate your hand four inches upward to use the manual radio buttons which you should have done in the first place. Or you spend five minutes feeling under the seat while your driving looking for your remote only to realize that it was stuck in the passenger seat all along. Or the station keeps changing on you, the volume is going up and down all on its own and just when you pull into Ford to tell them they need to repair the radio, you get out and realize you were sitting on the remote the whole time. Remotes... what a waste.

ChromeYellowGT said:
I would like an option to delete all the unecessary bull like the a/c, heater, pwr windows/door locks, radio and back seat.

Maybe when Ford implements the radio remote option someone on here requested, your proposed options package would have a remote delete option.

My old deck had an awesome remote, it was a joystick remote that you mounted wherever you wanted, I love that thing, because when I'm flipping through the songs on my mp3 disks (so there's ALOT of songs on one disk) my shoulder is all out of whack since I'm not sitting back in my chair properly, I know its not a big deal, but once you have a nice setup, anything else seems like a pain in the a$$.
personally I'm more interested in the car than whether or not it has a remote and things like that

ChromeYellowGT said:
I would like an option to delete all the unecessary bull like the a/c, heater, pwr windows/door locks, radio and back seat.

Well that would be just you and anyone who's using the car purely as a race car. 99% of owners (including me) would die without A/C, Power locks/windows, and radio..I guess I don't use the back seat often enough to care.

szer0 said:
Well that would be just you and anyone who's using the car purely as a race car. 99% of owners (including me) would die without A/C, Power locks/windows, and radio..I guess I don't use the back seat often enough to care.

I live in Las Vegas, and I NEVER use my A/C. I can do without electric seats, windows, locks... I don't need a backseat neither. That's one of my future modifications: backseat delete.

scottie1113 said:
As long as we're talking option requests, I have two. IRS and a manumatic tranny.

Yea, like the vast majority of good Japanese cars had as of 3 years ago.

I'm still groaning about the solid rear axle. To use the same basic chassis from the '78 Ford Fairmont until 2004 is criminal. But, hey, they still sell like hotcakes and that's what its really about. Why, change a good thing? (tongue in cheek)

peyotesands said:
I live in Las Vegas, and I NEVER use my A/C. I can do without electric seats, windows, locks... I don't need a backseat neither. That's one of my future modifications: backseat delete.

Here in Chicago, you need the a/c in summer and heat in the winter. No way you can live without them

szer0 said:
Maybe it's just me but I've never seen a bigger waste of money implemented into cars. :shrug:

Well like I said, it's a safety issue. WHATEVER helps the idiots on the road know what your up to...isn't a waste of money. Especially if it' is an option! What that means is you don't have to order it if you don't want it. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe it's not a waste for everyone.

numenor27 said:
whats with those remotes to the stero? i mean, the volume/tumer etc is about 6 inches away from your hand, why would you ever need a remote? :shrug:

Well my brothers Lexus has the volume/tuner/etc on the steering wheel, so you never have to take your hands off the wheel. These are all small issues that deal with overall safety. And that should be important to you. Especially if your radio is only 6 inches from your hand. Because that means that either you have your seat in the forwardmost position...which would be deadly if your airbag deploys...or your seat is all the way back and youve got gorilla arms. Just kidding, but really it's a an idea. Nothing to lose sleep over.