ATTENTION: how to re-wire my windows!?!

stang*girl7

Jun 24, 2004
MA
undefinedundefined
ok....i need your help with something. i want to re-wire my windows so that they both go up and down just with on touch of the button. people have done it before but i just want to know if anyone can tell me how to do it or tell me what i need to buy so that it does that. i hope you guys can help because im sick of having to hold down my passenger window button whenever i open my windows. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

not too long ago, maybe two months, we went over this!
someone had on their profile 'automatic passenger side window' or something, we all asked him about it, and he made a new thread and included a link to a website where one can BUY the kit that is neccesary for the install (if i am not mistaken it is installed beneath the drivers side buttons) i can only hope he, or some one who remembers (ive searched the threads) will come to our aid. i assume it is impossible, unless ure hella good at this stuff, to re-wire it yourself to do this. all i can think of is connecting the multiple? wires from the passenger side to the drivers side module button thingy, , but then when u oppened ure drivers it would do both... um... fun! :D

I installed the express passenger window module from webelectricproducts.com. It doesn't provide one-touch closing, just one-touch opening. The cost was about $37.
For '99-'04 models, you have to run a ground wire for the module (the instructions are not real clear on this). I wrapped the module with foam (to prevent rattles) and tucked it into the cavity just forward of the window switch.

stang*girl7 said:
undefinedundefinedi hope you guys can help because im sick of having to hold down my passenger window button whenever i open my windows. thanks

LOL, I read this and I couldn't help laugh. I used to have manual windows in my last car, now its like a blessing having the power windows, but its true, now that i have them, i wish they both went down with the touch of one botton. How much lazier can people get?

Okay, i'll go back over this

http://www.ponyperformance.com/specials2.html

it's a module made by ford this guy has modified slightly to let your passanger side window go down. he charges like $25 including shipping or something around there.

I really like his slogan also...Where the heartbeat stops and the hoofbeat begins. That's great.

but yeah tim's a great guy...when i had a problem with my module he told me exactly what to do to fix it, it worked, however he also told me he'd take it back with no problem, shiping was also included. you never see that any more.

The only thing is on the 2001+ models the window frames are a little bit tighter around the windows, so it will go down and halfway down stop, thinking its all the way down. you cant get around that. it doesnt happen al the time, maybe one out of 10 for me.

this module can also be used for the older models for the drivers side window that dont offer one touch down.

Hope it helps!

oh and you can not re-wire it no matter what kind of electrician you are. the bitch about this is that if you try to do that, you press the drivers side window to go down they both will...and you may also cause an overload, because on the drivers side its built into your switch.

ChrisYellowV6 said:
buy another module. lol.

that way you would have two modules on your passanger side and one on your drivers side.

by the way, they have them on toyota also now.

AND honda, my mom's accord does it lol

damn...not feeling so well about ford at the moment

trickfull25tx said:
it would be really cool since i have a vert to push one button and all the windows come down when i drop the top.

Chris

if we're talking about really cool, the coolest would be if the Mustang convertible was a hardtop. Now one of those I would get

trickfull25tx said:
it would be really cool since i have a vert to push one button and all the windows come down when i drop the top.

Chris

yeah, the mitsubishi eclipse does that. you press the top button to go down and all the windows automatically roll down and the top goes down. i think using this auto down thing works just as well, myself.

the two switches are made together as one unit so that wouldn't help much unless you tore it apart and bougt a new unit and took the drivers side switch electronics out of it and put it in oyurs seems like that be more expensive and complicated

speaking of power windows. I'm one who is unfortunate enough to not be equipt with power windows and locks. Does anybody know of a power window kit that is specific to the 1994 mustang or know for a fact that a certain kit is fully compatible with this car. thanks for any tips.

I just installed one of those kits from PonyPerformance.

The module takes 15 minutes to install, or 30 if it's your first time and you're double and triple checking everything. Installation was really simple. Pry open the top part of the trim that holds the window switches, then pull the entire trip piece up. There's one clip near the rear end holding the trim piece in. Find the right colored wires and tap into them using the connectors provided. There were two or three wires to connect using crimp on connectors. There's one wire to cut and two crimp on barrel connectors are provided to make clean connections. One wire had to be grounded to the door. I attached the loop fastener (also provided) for the ground wire to an existing screw in the door. The only tools I needed were a flat blade screwdriver to pry the trim away from the door, a crosspoint screw driver to attach the ground wire, and a wire stripper/cutter. I also used a multimeter because I was paranoid and wanted to double check all my electrical connections. The control module itself does not have to be attached or bolted to anything. I just wrapped it in one of my spousal unit's socks to prevent any rattles, and lodged it between the door and the trim.

Once installed, I can click the either switch (driver's door or passenger's door) for the passenger side window and it will roll all the way down. Pressing the switch again while it is rolling will stop it. It does not have a one-touch UP mode. I personally consider that to be a choking hazard.

The instructions cover both 99-04 and 94-98 installations. The kit costs $27 shipped. The website only takes Paypal, which I don't have so I mailed a personal check and received the kit in less than a week. The owner of the business is really good at responding to emails.