AUGUST 7TH....BAR-B-Q/FUN RUN

• Sponsors (?)

UPDATED ITINERARY

Ok fellas, here is teh latest and greatest foe "Teh Run"

10:00- Meet and Greet at the Park and Ride parking lot next to the Mobil Station at the 76/15 exit. North on 15, Take the Pala/76 exit turn left and its on the right side.

11:00- Pull out and cruise North to the 79/Ortega HWY

11:30/45- Arrive at "The Lookout" overlooking Lake Elsinore at the top of Ortega HWY.

12:00- Grab something to drink, check out the sites, picture time, let the cars cool off

12:30-1:00- Head west toward the 5 and shoot South toward the Main Gate of the Base, and then on to Del Mar Beach

2:30- Arrive at Del Mar Beach/Set up for BBQ

X:XX- PARTY TIL THE COPS COME!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

***We can get everything we need for the BBQ at the Commisary there on base (about 10 minutes from the beach) so you don't have to haul anything in your car if you don't want to. :nice:

If you have family or friends that wish to attend the BBQ/Party only, please let me know as so we can make arrangements for them to meet us at a locale just outside the base (if they can't get on base) so they can follow us in. If they can get on base then let them know when to expect us at the beach. I have directions for those that may need them.

I am sorry to hear that, John. Please remember to join us if the occassion arises. If we are rolling, meet up with us....if we are at the beach already and you wish to join, please call me and I can meet you at the main gate and in you come to get your freak on......if you do that kind of stuff. :)

I just wanted to say congrats to Jason on getting out of the Corps. As a fellow few and proud, I got out in December and my unit got activated in January, I just wanted to say thanks to all our armed service members. I have friends in Iraq right now and think it is a celebration when you can walk away knowing that you did your duty to your country. I would love to attend your BBQ and meet and greet, but another Marine buddy is getting married on the 7th, so I just wanted to say congrats and thanks.

Also, forgot to ask, Jason what was your MOS? Do you have a job lined up? If your were any kind of winger I could try and get you on with Lockheed Martin, that who I work for and it helps to have an insider. Send me a PM with the details if you're interested. That goes for all other service members also. Think it's called networking or something. LOL. :nice: :flag:

Mporth8r said:
Also, forgot to ask, Jason what was your MOS? Do you have a job lined up? If your were any kind of winger I could try and get you on with Lockheed Martin, that who I work for and it helps to have an insider. Send me a PM with the details if you're interested. That goes for all other service members also. Think it's called networking or something. LOL. :nice: :flag:

Thank you for your kind words and I really appreciate the "insider" info, but I am a Trumpet player in the 1st Marine Division Band and I will be moving back east the beginning of September. I wish we could have met, but please enjoy the wedding.

02roush said:
Are you guys going to still be together after 7pm?

If so, where is Del Mar beach compared to the horsetrack? I'm done at work around 7, so I'd definetly like to come join if its still going on.

Don
The Del Mar Beach that we are talking about is on Camp Pendleton, north I 5 exit of Camp Pendleton. PM Scorpion for directions