Aussie break-in procedure

I was in Australia last month and drooled over their fabulous Ford Falcon 4-door sedan with the 5.4-litre modular V8 engine and 18-inch wheels. I noticed a few things: (1) it comes from the factory with 0W-40 fully-synthetic oil, and (2) it has some rather different break-in procedures printed on a tag hanging from the mirror.

I'd appreciate some comments on the break-in procedures. This is what the tag says:

Ford Performance Vehicles recommends all customers use the following procedures for the ultimate performance and protection of the Boss 290 V8 engine. (For non-Aussies, the 290 indicates 290 kw as a measure of engine HP. The 2005 Mustang GT 4.6 translates into 225 kw).

In the first 750 km (about 400 miles) of travel:

* Avoid exceeding 4500 rpm
* Accelerate positively where appropriate in all gears
* On long stretches of travel, vary engine speeds by occasionally using lower gears while maintaining a constant speed, when safe to do so
* Where possible, apply high engine loads for short periods of time by using high gears at speeds below 60 km/h (40 mph)

While driving between the first 750 km and 1,500 km (about 800 miles) of travel:

* Progressively increase engine speeds up to 5500 rpm with occasional use of full-throttle acceleration while remaining within the legal speed limits
* On long stretches of travel, vary engine speeds by occasionally using lower gears while maintaining a constant speed, when safe to do so
* Where possible, apply high engine loads for short periods of time by using high gears at speeds below 60 km/h

What do you think? Would this advice be good for our 4.6 motors? My new GT convertible will be here soon (build date: May 16).

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the break in procedure for a sport bike, most import advice it would seem is to vary the engine load on any trip of distance and not beat the tar out of it till it has a few miles on the clock.

Usually 2-3 cold ones will break in any Aussie !!!

As for the car procedjure, it is about what I use too.... Vary speed, use a lower gear here and there, and do not over Rev for first 1000 miles. I too change oil at 500 at 1500 miles.. then at 3000 miles and at 3000 miles there after.