Auto 2 Manual Swap

• Sponsors (?)

It's not a bad job at all. You can do it in a weekend and you have the option of changing the engine/tranny portion of the wiring harness or not. I did my swap back in '05 and reused the existing auto harness with some modifications. Once the swap is complete you'll need to take a trip to the dealer to have the computer programmed for your keys. If you have an '05-'06 model you can avoid that by having the PCM (computer) re-engineered to a manual type. I know a guy that can do this for you. You CANNOT have '07-up pcm's re-engineered.

Take a look at my manual which I wrote before some of the parts were available. Now, everything is available, but the rubber dust boot under the manny shift boot. I have a few of them if you need one. I have most of the parts listed except a couple of plugs that connect to the tranny. They aren't hard to get....just get a dealer parts guy to look them up now that they are available.

One thing that I did lose was cruise control for some reason which I don't use anyway, but I have an idea why and could probably run a wire to get it working agian.

Click here> http://www.geocities.com/anthony05gt

I see you have an '08....you'll need a remanufactered pcm and a trip to the dealer. Just read the manual and familiarize yourself with it before you make a decision.

It will cost you about -$1500 depending on where and how you get the parts needed. That's figuring you get about $800 or so for your used tranny. My car was one of the first built in '04 ('05 model) and no dealer would deal on a manual car. They wanted like $4500 over sticker so I ended up with a manny car for less than I could have bought it for in late '04.

Damn Im not the most Mechanicly inclined, So I would have to find a dealer to do the swap or someone with some serious skill. I would love for a six speed ..... Im leaving for afhganistan very soon after I do my pinks run... so I would love to have the wife take care of this project for me.. I have the parts list (thanks you very much anthony) I just want to know DO I HAVE TO stick to the original 5 speed or can I get something a little better !? THanks again guys for all the input !

That's what I would use if going to something different....the TR6060. That would require a different crossmember, driveshaft, shifter, clutch package and a few other things. You could check out the parts list from D&D performance which is packaged for a 5-speed to 6-speed swap and you'll see what's needed in addition to the parts needed for an auto to manny swap. That 6060 has triple syncros and really is a nice choice.