auto to T5 swap

• Sponsors (?)

Well, a 91Gt is supposed to have a mechainical clutch

I think either very early Mustangs did have some sort of hydraulic mechanism or maybe it was early fox t-birds, but not sure how easy it would be to retrofit one in a '91 Mustang.

if you really hate it that much... just put an auto in it. I hate the way Hydraulic clutches feel... you get so much more feeling through the cable in my opinion. I dont mind it being stiff, and most likely once you drive the car around more, you (and your knee) won't notice anymore.

keep it and deal with it, hydraulic's suck. just my opinion

It could be done if you realy want, but a bit of fabrication is in order. Like Mustang5L5 said these cars never had a hydraulic clutch. Chances are that when the swap was done a heavy duty clutch assembly was used, you may want to switch it out for a stock replacement unit in order to save some wear on your knee

T-Birds had them, and so does my bronco II. I don't like them. They feel different sometimes, add fluid over time, maybe even having to bleed the system, to me its just another thing to wory about. What kind of clutch cable is installed in the car? I bet you its not a ford one, aftermarket cables suck. I made the mistake and installed one in my GT. WAY stiffer...By your complaint you must be very weak, or have a aftermarket cable, which i think its the problem.

Hope that helps.