Autocrossing

• Sponsors (?)

Ha - once you take a hit from the crackpipe of autocrossing, there's no going back! There are three main organizations that set up autocross events - usually they each do one a month during the season so you can almost do one a week if you want to.

Here's the websites of a couple of them...

Solo Solo is autocrossing - ie you are driving by yourself against the clock.

Bremerton Sports Car Club - Home

Read the new driver info and that should explain it pretty well.
Pick an event, show up early and everyone will be happy to help you out.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

oh - and if you plan on driving a mustang, plan on getting your ass kicked by 125hp Miatas!

Don't worry about classification - just sign up as Novice.

if its autocrossin you want there are a lot of clubs in the northwest that put on events. scca also puts on events. in large parking lots all over the place. and if you want a slower paced action with higher speeds there are also open track days at the tracks. PR , Bremerton, PIR ,Spokan , Grass valley (maybe)

Auto barrel racing

if its autocrossin you want there are a lot of clubs in the northwest that put on events. scca also puts on events. in large parking lots all over the place. and if you want a slower paced action with higher speeds there are also open track days at the tracks. PR , Bremerton, PIR ,Spokan , Grass valley (maybe)

Check this out, we ran this at Dallasport and its coming to Portland in June I believe schedule is tentative.

Welcome to Auto Barrel Racing!

I have allways been interested in autocross, but why in the he double toothpicks to they charge sooooo much for the events? I mean every autocross event I have ever been interested in, there was over $100 just to enter (specificaly the mustang events, like the mustang round up) it was actually closer to $200 to enter last time I checked!!!! I mean, if it only costs $40 to drag race, why in the heck does it cost several hundered to autocross? Is the liability that much bigger? I don't think so, I think there is just a culture that allows these huge prices and it alienates alot of normal joes from trying out the sport. Just my two cents.

I have allways been interested in autocross, but why in the he double toothpicks to they charge sooooo much for the events? I mean every autocross event I have ever been interested in, there was over $100 just to enter (specificaly the mustang events, like the mustang round up) it was actually closer to $200 to enter last time I checked!!!! I mean, if it only costs $40 to drag race, why in the heck does it cost several hundered to autocross? Is the liability that much bigger? I don't think so, I think there is just a culture that allows these huge prices and it alienates alot of normal joes from trying out the sport. Just my two cents.

I think you have been misinformed. If you want to do a track day at Pacific Raceways, it will run around $200. However to autocross with the SCCA or BSCC, it costs $10 for a weekend membership, plus $25 for either AM or PM autocross. You can run both morning and afternoon for a total of $35 +$25. This will usually get you 4 runs in the am and 4 runs in the pm. The runs are usually about 60 secs long give or take. I doubt you can get 8 runs in at Pacific Raceways on test and tune nights the way things are being run at the moment. It's pathetic how poorly organized they are.