Automatic to Manual Tranny

johng_22

May 14, 2007
I'm considering converting my 2006 Mustang GT from auto to manual transmission. I found a great deal on my car but really didn't want an auto. Has anyone already completed this same swap that may be able to tell me all that is involved? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

yep, anthony05gt has done it. pm him a link to this thread. :nice: it involves alot of wiring modification and a trip to the dealer to flash your ecu, among the other obvious changes.

As another option...how about swapping out to a fully manual automatic transmission. You'll get the best of both. Car's still in shop, so can't actually tell you how differently it drives on street or track.

Now that the parts are available there's not much wiring BS to deal with at all. If you'd rather have the manny then just do it. On '05 and '06 cars, I know a guy that can re-engineer the pcm so you won't need a trip to the dealer.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone, especially Anthony for his expertise. Makes me feel better knowing that others have done this successfully before I go digging in.

Not sure if I'm going to do the work myself or take it in. If anyone has any recommendations for a shop I live in Alpharetta, GA and I'd love to hear about any shops that you know and trust that work on Stangs.