automatic tranny cooler

extozy

Sep 7, 2003
Longview, TX
i have a 91 Mustang LX w/ 5.0. (of course)

anyways, i ordered a Summit Racing Aluminum Radiator just recently, knowing its for manual cars. anyways, will the stock tranny cooler keep it cool enough? the one on the front of the condenser.

trannycooler.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

extozy said:
i have a 91 Mustang LX w/ 5.0. (of course)

anyways, i ordered a Summit Racing Aluminum Radiator just recently, knowing its for manual cars. anyways, will the stock tranny cooler keep it cool enough? the one on the front of the condenser.

trannycooler.JPG

That isnt the stock cooler, the auto cars used the radiator as the cooler. That looks aftermarket like the B&M stacked plate cooler. If thats what it is then it'll work fine to keep ur tranny cool cuz thats what i use.

Tranny coolers for an aod's kick a@s!!Im getting mine in 2 weeks!! I hear its a must if you have any work done to the tranny!!Does anyone know if that was an option from the factory.Im not talking about police 5.0's,I know they had em.

A tranny temp gauge is not a bad idea, I plan on getting one someday after I pay for college. That is indeed an aftermarket cooler. I know that it is a B&M because mine is identical to that one. In addition, there should be some markings along the top that say B&M somewhere, if I remember correctly.

It should cool your tranny just fine, especially since you have it in front of the condenser. Because of this, you are getting 100% of the coolers cooling capacity.