Automatic Vs Manual

Ichard

Mar 8, 2017
Hope my title doesn't start anything just want to see opinions. I am hoping to get my hands on acobra but would like to see what is the better option of the 2?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet,
Age old debate,with die hard fans on both sides..
The pros and cons for both transmission's could be debated for days (and have been lol.)
My best answer is; Plain and simple-it's personal preference :D
lol
:burnout:

Welcome to stangnet.

It really is a personal preference thing. Unless you get into drag racing in a serious way, an automatic will be best for your times there (and it won't be the one that comes with the car at that stage).

Rowing gears is fun. If you live in a high traffic area though, like big city traffic, then pushing in that clutch will start to wear on you.

Let us know what you end up getting.

Welcome to stangnet.

It really is a personal preference thing. Unless you get into drag racing in a serious way, an automatic will be best for your times there (and it won't be the one that comes with the car at that stage).

Rowing gears is fun. If you live in a high traffic area though, like big city traffic, then pushing in that clutch will start to wear on you.

Let us know what you end up getting.
Well I live in houston and the traffic to and from work sucks! But I mean if it's more fun then I can learn it I don't want it for drag racing just for the freeway and stuff like that. But I sure will update you all saw another car I like not mustang related but it's a supra

For fuel conservation and speed I'd go manual. If you don't want to worry about having to shift all the time and are okay with a little less giddy-up-and-go then I'd go auto. I've always used auto since I don't have the patience for a stick.

For fuel conservation and speed I'd go manual. If you don't want to worry about having to shift all the time and are okay with a little less giddy-up-and-go then I'd go auto. I've always used auto since I don't have the patience for a stick.
Yea that's why I've always used auto as well and they don't miss gears of course unless youre good. I just don't want to mess up a clutch

Reactions: 1 user
I drive a 2004 anniversary edition, 3.9 L and it is a manual transmission, I like the car with a manual trans , it seems to excelerate faster or maybe it is just me. I also have a 2001 base model convertible , 3.8L /auto trans.. It is a Gt clone with dual exh.and a few other items done to it....the auto trans mission is certainly easier to drive....but I still like the manual trans. I am a 73 year old kids that really likes Mustangs....My first Stang was a 1965 Convertible, 289 , /auto. trans., I bought that car about 1975.......

Reactions: 1 user
I drive a 2004 anniversary edition, 3.9 L and it is a manual transmission, I like the car with a manual trans , it seems to excelerate faster or maybe it is just me. I also have a 2001 base model convertible , 3.8L /auto trans.. It is a Gt clone with dual exh.and a few other items done to it....the auto trans mission is certainly easier to drive....but I still like the manual trans. I am a 73 year old kids that really likes Mustangs....My first Stang was a 1965 Convertible, 289 , /auto. trans., I bought that car about 1975.......
That's cool man :) I have a 2005 gt with a couple of things done to it I just want something different I was thinking about supercharging it but I started thinking about going manual and fixing that up

That's cool man :) I have a 2005 gt with a couple of things done to it I just want something different I was thinking about supercharging it but I started thinking about going manual and fixing that up
I also have thought about super charging one of my cars , but am told to make sure the engine can handle what ever you ad.One could always swap out the complete engine from a Thunderbird Super coupe , I am told it is the same engine

I also have thought about super charging one of my cars , but am told to make sure the engine can handle what ever you ad.One could always swap out the complete engine from a Thunderbird Super coupe , I am told it is the same engine
Yes I was told the same that's why I haven't done mine either :( and that's cool didn't know that. I'm leaning towards getting a manual and use when I don't go to work it's too much traffic