Autometer Electric Oil Pressure Issue

Guys,

My eyelet connection for the sending wire was ripped off the sending unit. I went to remove the nut on top of sending unit to remove the eyelet but the whole post spun.

So, I went and got a new oil pressure sending unit. I put a new eyelet on the sending wire and hooked it up to the sending unit. I turned my car on to check the oil pressure and the gauge was peggedpast 100 psi.

I was able to get the nut off the old sending unit so I reinstalled that one. That one gives me no reading at all. I rewired the sending wire to the gauge just in case but that did not make a difference.

If I hook up the stock gauge I have oil pressure.

Do u think my autometer gauge is busted?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

check the wire going to the gauge and the ground.

I rewired the the wire from the gauge to the sending unit and the ground is tight and secure. I have it grounded inside the kick panel where other wires are grounded.

When it originally came undone at the sending unit I noticed some of the wire was bare. When I was disconnecting that wire to swap a new wire if the bare section rubbed against a ground could that have ruined my gauge causing this problem?

Thanks!

I may know the problem.

Will a non autometer sending unit work with an autometer gauge? Oil pressure or water temp?

That would make sense why the parts store sending unit is just gegging.

Thanks
No. Autometer has specific sending units even within their own product line. Contact Autometer with your gauge part number and they will direct you to the correct sender.