Autometer Electric Water Temp Gauge help

I just installed an aftermarket water temp gauge and was wondering what I was supposed to do with the stock one because I used the new temp sensor in the intake. Is there somewhere else I can hook it up? and do I even have to run it? (i didnt know if it told the computer the temp and the car wouldnt run right if it didnt recieve info from the stock sender)

• Sponsors (?)

Some people say it's a bad place to put it but I drilled and tapped the thermostat housing right where the hole is with a 3/8ths pipe thread and put my autometer sensor there.
Kevin

The stock gauge is kinda useless, so about any place you can put it (like Kevin did) works fine.

You might have a dead (plugged) port on the rear driver's side lower intake. That's where my stocker went.

Good luck.

water temp

you do not have to hook up stock one. computer will get temp reading off of the sensor on your coolant rail on passenger side line going to firewall. you will not get a check engine lite by not hooking up stock temp gauge plug.

airbag said:
you do not have to hook up stock one. computer will get temp reading off of the sensor on your coolant rail on passenger side line going to firewall. you will not get a check engine lite by not hooking up stock temp gauge plug.
Correct. :nice:

You dont need it if you dont want to hook it up (and dont mind a dead gauge).

Good luck.

ok, i have 2 questions, how do you like the elec waterpump, i'd like to get one, got alot of other things on my plate right now,

2, i just replaced my water pump, the two small pipes coming out the pass side of the pump, one goes to the therostat and the tother runs twards the heater core, with one goes to what, the top goes into? and the lower into?

Well if you have an electric water pump I am goning to assume you have an eletric fan. I would suggest a 130 amp G3 for that. It's pretty easy to install. Hardest part is grinding a little meat off the stock bracket. I did it with the bracket still in the car. Little messy.
Kevin