Autometer Wiring Questions?

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey for the senders for the autometer gauges it says to use 18 Gauge twin conducter..i cant find any anywhere?! thats treated for heat for the engine bay?
i have single 18 gauge thats rated 105*C...will that work fine?
whats the purpose of the twin conductor...
or can i just use like rockford fosgate stereo wire? will that melt near my engine?

• Sponsors (?)

Goto Radioshack.

Dude,

Goto Radioshack and pick yourself up a package of 3 color, 45 feet, 15 feet per roll- red, black, green 18 gauge stranded wire and your good to go.
Combine all the hot's and ground's except the light power and ground's. Run the gauge power straight to the fuse box, preferably any fuse over 15 that is hot with the key on. I used a 30 amp (A/C heater blower motor) fuse, i think #9 light green. and hook up all the grounds-to the grounded screw of the fuse box. Run the lights to the light switch-It will be a Blue wire with a red tracer-And Bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-Your done.
Just run the gauge wire through the firewall and to the senders-Thats it! Done, easy!
and if you want to make your life really-easy, remove the drivers side dash speaker-and route all the wires through the hole-and straight down to the fuse box. That what i did--nice and neat!

Good luck-Get it done now!
Anthony

:nice: :flag: