Autoweek Posts New Pics Of 2015 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

We believe in the magic of the automobileDiesel ArmyOff Road XtremeDragzineStangTVLSXTV.comStreet Legal TVChevy HardcoreCorvette OnlineRod AuthorityEngineLabs

StangTV

Connect on FacebookConnect on TwitterSubscribe via RSSGet the most up to date news & articles directly in your inbox from StangTV! Sign Up Now!NEWSNEW PRODUCTSEVENT NEWSTECHENGINEPOWER ADDERSDRIVETRAINBRAKES & SUSPENSIONCHASSIS & SAFETYDYNO TESTINGEXHAUSTFUEL & COOLINGIGNITION, ELECTRONICS, & EFIINTERIOROTHER TECHPAINT & BODYWHEELS & TIRESFEATURESBABE OF THE MONTHSEMA COVERAGEPRI COVERAGEINTERVIEWSCAR FEATURESSHOP TOURSVIDEO FEATURESASK THE EXPERTSEDITORIALS & OPINIONSPROJECT CARSPROJECT WILD E. COYOTEPROJECT REHABPROJECT SILVER BULLETPROJECT BITING THE BULLITTPROJECT NEW TAKE OFFPROJECT 666EVENT COVERAGECAR SHOWSIMIS COVERAGENMRA EVENTSOTHERPSCA COVERAGEROAD RACINGNMRA EVENT ARCHIVESVIDEOSBURNOUTSCAR FEATURESCAR SHOWSCRASHESDRAG RACINGDRIFTINGFUNNYGIRLSINDUSTRY NEWSINTERVIEWSNEW PRODUCTSNEW VEHICLESON THE DYNOROAD RACINGSHOP TOURSTECH VIDEOSABOUT USSPONSORSLooking Back: The 1974-78 Mustang Goes Back To BasicsShop Tour: Bending Tubes And Making Power With PertronixVideo: Amazing Home-Built ’03 Cobra Tackles the Drag Strip inSEMA 2013: Hot Vortech Fords At The SEMA ShowStang TV’s Ultimate Holiday Buyer’s GuideBack In Action: Hendricks’ and Moberly’s Coyote StockInstall and Review Dakota Digital VHX Instruments For Fox-bodyFriction Non-Fiction: The Truth About ClutchesNextPosted in NewsEmailFacebookTwitterPrint

2015 Mustang Leaked Early By Mustang6g Via Autoweek Story

by Don Creason on December 3, 201311CommentsImages from Mustang6g.comAs is often the case with a highly anticipated new model debuting something gets on a camera phone and makes it’s way online. Regardless of how it happened the wait would seem to be over, and while we’ll get more details this Thursday we now know much more about the 2015 Mustang than we have as of yet thanks to leaked photos from an issue of Autoweek posted on theMustang6g website.While we will be at an official press event this Thursday and continually updating our story with everything from all the juicy tech details that you want to know to our own analysis and opinion of the looks, here’s what we can tell you from the images and what we can read from the photos of the AW article.The S550 Mustang is 200 pounds lighter than the current model, a few inches shorter, with aluminum front fenders. The Mustang GT will be getting 15-inch front brake rotors, likely as an option, maybe for once the GT will be available with really good brakes.Per the AW article there’s also selective drive modes, a date recording app, and keyless start is standard. On that note of keyless start, it appears as though there is no ignition lock cylinder in the steering column at all after looking at the interior photos, although it could be obscured by the steering wheel. Interior shots also show us that much of the dash is similar in appearance, although we did happen to notice a pair of gauges in the center stack, located between the air vents.Also per the story the 2015 Mustang GT will be able to outperform the previous S197 based BOSS 302. Those are big claims, but if they hold true then there should be reason for performance fans everywhere to celebrate. A performance pack will be available for both the GT and the 2.3 liter variant. We didn’t see mention of the V6 engine in the article, it is possible that we just can’t read that section, or perhaps the V6 is being eliminated in favor of the 2.3 EcoBoost.Outside the car appears to make use of LED lighting extensively, and while the front styling is very corporate Ford, there are several nods to the past including the shark-gill bars in the headlights. The rear of the car remains traditional Mustang in many ways, complete with three-bar tail lights and blackout deck panel. Also notice the low center mounted backup lamps, and the narrow cabin over wide fenders and quarter panels, this seems to give the car a more retro look from behind, evoking first-gen fastback lines. The shape of the entire car is distinctly Mustang to be sure.There are more images at Mustang6g.com, and we’ll have complete and official info this Thursday so stay tuned. Email Facebook Twitter PrintVideo: 2015 Mustang Prototype Out For A DriveCaught on Camera 2015 Mustang Unmasked3D Renderings Reveal Sleeker MustangStrong Rumor: 2015 Mustang Engines and Options Revealed In Survey

BREAKING NEWS

View All2015 Mustang Leaked Early By Mustang6g Via Autoweek StoryThe NMRA Returns Pure Street To Its Class Lineup For 2014Doug Johnson Makes The Switch To NMRA Coyote StockVideo: BBK Varitune Mufflers For Mustangs and How They WorkVic Edelbrock Sr. Scholarship Award Presented to WyoTech StudentA Mustang Themed Baby Room For A Baby Boy Named PaxtonWeld Racing RTS Wheels Now Available in Four-Lug For Fox-body StangsVideo: A Look At The Journey Of One Man’s 85 Mustang

RECENT VIDEOS

Vortech Fords of SEMA 2013SEMA 2013: ProCharger’s i-1 Supercharger Is First Of Its KindBBK Varitune Mufflers for MustangVideo: A Look At The Journey Of One Man’s 85 MustangVideo: Original Shelby GT350 Owns The Banks Of DaytonaWatch more videos

STANGTV PROJECT CARS

Project 666Project 666Project 666

LATEST PROJECT CAR UPDATES

View AllPROJECT CARSInstall and Review Dakota Digital VHX Instruments For Fox-bodyPROJECT BITING THE BULLITTProject Biting The Bullitt Makes Successful Debut In BakersfieldPROJECT WILD-E-COYOTEJPC Racing Single Turbo Install On Our 2011 Mustang GT

STANGTV MODELS

View AllBABE OF THE MONTH; ARRIAN

NEW PRODUCTS SHOWCASE

View AllCalifornia Pony Car’s 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Radiator CoverTrick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 190 Cylinder Head for Small Block FordLincoln Electric Viking 1740 Series Auto-Darking Welding HelmetStrange New Double Adjustable Struts For 80s to Present MuscleTeam Z Motorsports ’79-’93 Mustang Stock Location Rear Drag SpringsNEWSTECHFEATURESPROJECT CARSEVENT COVERAGEVIDEOSABOUT USSPONSORSCOPYRIGHT ©2013 POWER AUTOMEDIA, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POLICY AND TERMS

I think they've had a good run with design for the past couple years. There's always going to be an ugly period every once in a while. If this is the ugly period, I'm impressed.

Reactions: 1 user
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/03/2015-ford-mustang-photos-leaked/

I think it looks fantastic. The side profile in particular looks great. The car's proportions are spot on and I like that they're finally starting to move away from the retro front end.

001-2015-ford-mustang-leak-1.jpg

I see a mixture of old and new, w/ some Japanese thrown in for good measure.
That roofline looks 370Z to me. The rear looks like a 65 fast back on steroids (a good thing), and the front end .......I guess it's OK,..it's not bad,.....just different. It's time to get away from retro anyway.....the "new" mustang has been sucking up to the late 60's since 2005.....time to let the design guys get paid for what they went to college for.

I like it.

I probably won't like the price. $40K for a Mustang GT is getting a little outrageous. My 2003 GT was fully loaded and only ran around $27K on the window sticker which I still have. Plenty easy for a college grad like myself (at the time) to afford. Not so much now

Now it seems like $40K cars are becoming more commonplace. I was at a Nissan dealer the other day with my G/F buying an Altima for her and the salesman explained that the 72-month finance option was becoming more and more common. That just seems rediculous to me.

I like it about as much as I like every other base-looking Mustang that's been released. The aftermarket will settle everything, I'm sure, and they'll look awesome.

I like it. Everyone hates the newest generation of any car. People become emotionally attached to a body style whether they own one or not. It's easy to be like 'Wtf, that thing looks like a kia!'. But then you see them in person and on the road a lot and they really grow on you. I think the '15 has great lines. The special editions will look awesome, and any shelby model will put a rise in all of our Levis. Embrace the change.

I'm stuck in the late 80's and early 90's with boxy bodies and hard lines. That's what I love about the Fox Mustangs and up to 1996 F-150's. Sexy bodies. New Mustang will probably grow on me although the latest body style hasn't and most likely never will.

As far as price goes, car makers are asking more for cars but "how much" it costs doesn't matter as much as how low can you make the monthly payment? How about a 6-8 year auto loan? Make the money easy to get with affordable payments for a long long time and products will sell. Sounds like how the real estate bubble was created, right?