AutoWeek TV show positive '05 GT review

Michael Yount

Mustang Master
Apr 10, 2002
Charlotte, NC
On Speed channel Sunday morning, AutoWeek magazine gave the '05 a pretty solid review. Loved styling, performance, tight/quality feel, interior design and roominess, MUCH better shifter position due to engine set back -- really felt the car was a HUGE improvement in all ways over the 04 model.

They confirmed that the car was big and heavy - didn't mention a weight number, but alluded to the dimensional differences and the feeling of roominess inside. 6" longer wheelbase, 4.5" overall length increase, 1.5" wider, 1" taller.

About the only thing they didn't care for was the hokey dash back-lighting variable color selection feature -- thought was a bit childish given the rest of the car.

Overall a very solid review - they were looking forward to flogging one in a full test.

• Sponsors (?)

Michael Yount said:
On Speed channel Sunday morning, AutoWeek magazine gave the '05 a pretty solid review. Loved styling, performance, tight/quality feel, interior design and roominess, MUCH better shifter position due to engine set back -- really felt the car was a HUGE improvement in all ways over the 04 model.

They confirmed that the car was big and heavy - didn't mention a weight number, but alluded to the dimensional differences and the feeling of roominess inside. 6" longer wheelbase, 4.5" overall length increase, 1.5" wider, 1" taller.

About the only thing they didn't care for was the hokey dash back-lighting variable color selection feature -- thought was a bit childish given the rest of the car.

Overall a very solid review - they were looking forward to flogging one in a full test.

I just finished watching it and they said nothing about it being "big and heavy". They did say it was bigger dimensionally than the outgoing car but it wasn't stated in negative way, merely as a fact.

95 Snake said:
i thought it lacked comparison, i think this is a great car while put up against others in this price range and thought they would've shown more into this

It's too early for comparisons. All the press you're seeing now are early test drives. Don't worry, we'll see plenty of comparisons in the next few months.