Aux Imput for 2005 Shaker 500

• Sponsors (?)

Do you actually have the Sirius interface in your car? The unit id in the trunk passenger side. There is a harness that runs from the head unit to the interface. You could remove the center stack and the the head unit and unplug the Sirius interface an install something like the PIE aux interface. Let me know because I could be in the market for an OEM Sirius set up for my Shaker 500.

Yup...I have the Sirius interface...all I have to do is call to get it turned on.

That is where I thought it was...I have an 07 with the shaker 1000. That means it is behind the sub box and amp rack. I have a 3.5 jack in the armrest and it is connected to the radio...I followed the wires to the back of the head unit. I am wondering if my head unit is just jacked up, but others have had the same problem.

I will let you know what I find after surgery...

Disappearing Line-In

I have the same problem...I heard that you could have either the sat radio or AUX input, but not both.

I want want the AUX input over the Sat radio. Has anyone disconnected the satellite radio?

Not true. I have an 07 GT with Sat Radio and Line-in. Both worked when the car was new. Now I only get Sat1/2/3 but no Line-in. My teen used it all the time when she was with me in the car to listen to her IPod. Just upgraded to a Verizon Droid with a flash card. Loaded the card with MP3s to play in the car but the car doesn't list line-in any more. Droid with cable plays fine plugged into my PC speakers. I have read elsewhere that the radio can lose the line-in option if the battery died - which both the battery and alternator have been replaced. Has anyone heard of such a thing?:shrug: