Aux Input Converter FINALLY released

denjr70

Apr 14, 2005
P.I.E. has finally released an auxilliary input converter for the latest generation of Ford stereos.......which does include the 2005 and later Mustangs. Logjam Electronics is not selling them for $89.95. FINALLY, us satellite radio and IPod users can hardwire our devices to the stereo. The link to the part is listed below.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html

There is some bad news though. Apparently there is a firmware issue with the chipset used in this device........and it affects the use of this interface in the Mustangs. They have identified the problem, but have not received any of the corrected interfaces. There is a work around though. So if you absolutely need one now, they will work. If you can wait a little longer, the "fixed" ones should be arriving soon.

• Sponsors (?)

For real. Also, how about the input device advertisied in the 2006 Mustang accessories catalog. My dealer can find out nothing about it. Anyone know anything?
I have asked this question before, also, and gotten no response.

My understanding is that the Ford part is compatible with the 06 models only. A good friend who works in the parts department of a local Ford dealership told me this and that they don't expect them to be released until November at the earliest.