B&M hammer AOD shifter??

• Sponsors (?)

Funhog said:
I really do not want to replace it..that would be one more thing that requires me to put money out. How do I adjust the cable?

Put the shifter in Neutral I believe (stock shifter is OD). Loosen the nut on the end of the shift cable at the tranny. Make sure the tranny is also in neutral. Take the slack out of the cable and tighten the nut.

No one's had a problem with the cable stretching over some period of time and require readjustment?
I've heard that these cable shifters have a tendency to do that. I guess it might not be too often though as I don't see many posts about it.

It has a display for what gear you are in. Mine is a little difficult to see. Once you get use to the shifter you will never need to look down to see what gear you are in..at least that is how I am. I do have a pic but I do not know how to post it and I do not want to download any programs.

Funhog said:
It has a display for what gear you are in. Mine is a little difficult to see. Once you get use to the shifter you will never need to look down to see what gear you are in..at least that is how I am. I do have a pic but I do not know how to post it and I do not want to download any programs.
on mine you cant see what gear the car is in. but like u said once u get use to it you know what gear you're in.

bobbyd said:
on mine you cant see what gear the car is in. but like u said once u get use to it you know what gear you're in.
you dont have a little piece of clear platic that is on the left side of the shifter? mine is old so it is cloudy but I can still see the letters for what gear. :shrug:

93stangTN said:
does everyone like these shifters though??? do they come with the the trim ring and the display where it tells what gear ur in???

got any pics anyone???

Here is a pic of mine. I installed it over a year ago and I haven’t had any problems with the cable stretching or with it missing gears. I like it much better than the stock shifter because it locks out at every gear so you don't go from 1st straight to OD. It's also alot better looking than the stock shifter IMO.

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00514.jpg
    DSC00514.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00511.jpg
    DSC00511.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 160