B&M Hammer Shifter for 4.6 Autos!?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Knight :)

Anyone have one? How does it work in comparison to stock shifter? Can you now select gears manually? Can you also just put it in drive? Any cutting neccassary? Thanks :)

There is someone on here who has one but I forgot his username. He said he had one in a HUGE thread about these "auto shifters". Might want to do a search. I seen some interesting setups in that thread.

Its amazing. Jim Fitzgerald can run 10's in the 1/4 mile and takes 10 years to answer a post lol. Seriously though, I know where he is. He's off to the dyno this weekend. At least thats what I was told.

I just hope it can fit the stock console without cutting... and I need to make sure its suitable to use on the street as a daily driver and won't shorten my tranny life :)

Hey guys, I just happened across this thread. I don't spend a lot of time on StangNet, so you should probably PM me if you have a question. I have a B&M Hammer shifter on my 2000 Mustang GT and I love it. I didn't install it myself, but it fits nicely without any cutting of the console and looks stock. I have a fully manual PA valve body, so I do all my own shifting. The B&M Hammer shifter is a ratchet shifter so it insures you don't accidently shift from 1st to 3rd while racing. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs to manually shift their tranny.

jimfitzgerald said:
Hey guys, I just happened across this thread. I don't spend a lot of time on StangNet, so you should probably PM me if you have a question. I have a B&M Hammer shifter on my 2000 Mustang GT and I love it. I didn't install it myself, but it fits nicely without any cutting of the console and looks stock. I have a fully manual PA valve body, so I do all my own shifting. The B&M Hammer shifter is a ratchet shifter so it insures you don't accidently shift from 1st to 3rd while racing. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs to manually shift their tranny.

Jim, its good seing you post for the first time in I dont know how long.

when I had my 00gt I had one on there and loved it. just like a manual without the clutch. looked good and performed great. I would get one again if I ever went back to an auto, but dont think that will happen in the cobra.

i have had my hammer shifter in my 99 gt for about 2 months now and i love it. installation toook a few hours but went smooth. i love every aspect of the shifter, and it looks awesome too!

ive got a hammer.. i like it alot, i only paid $60 for it from a friend. i dont think i could see spending $200 on it though or however much it is new though.

its cool, but its just a toy. it doesnt make your car any faster and does not change anything about the transmission. its only useful if you have a manual valve body or you just cant stop manually shifting like me :D

all it does is change HOW you go from P R N D 2 1... instead of having an up-down sweep to go through the gears, you yank it either up or down and each yank changes to the next gear in that direction, then the shifter returns to the middle position via spring.

but the cool part is instead of the weak plastic 'TIK!' sound when you change gears, you get a cool metallic kuh*****! sound.