B&M Hammer shifter help(AOD)

trufordguy

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2002
AL
Please help, I have adjusted the cable at least 20 times going by the instruction manual and cannot get it to shift properly. Does any one know of any tricks that might help me out. I have even tried a different cable with same results. I am trained Ford transmission tech w/8+ years experiance and this one has me stumped..:shrug: If I adjust it one way I have park but no low and if I adjust it so it will go in low I can't get it in park, plus it will not upshift properly, it is like the throw on the shifter is wrong. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I installed a new AOD and a B&M shifter during my restoration and ran into the exact same problem.

Got it close enough to test dirve it, then discovered my brand new AOD was JUNK... so I sent it back and had them send me a new C4 instead. Bought the B&M C4 conversion kit and everything worked perfectly. I think the problem with the AOD is the arm that attaches to the shaft is the wrong size for the B&M to work right... never really had to come with a solution because of going with the C4, but that's where I'd start if I were you.

Yeah I had thought about extending the arm on the shifter ,that might cure it but II got so frustrated this morning I pulled it out and put the stock shifter in. BTW Capri Debris I am right with you on the Capris. I am currently building a 79 Merc.

Attachments

• capri 1.jpg
    capri 1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 143
  • capri 2.jpg
    capri 2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 131