B&M Hammer Shifter

dcurtis

10 Year Member
Jan 19, 2006
Hey guys, been a while. I bought a b&m hammer shifter for my 91, not sure how long I’ve had it, can look up later, anyways I have had nothing but problems with it, from park- I can go to reverse, to neutral, to 1st, to 2nd, to 3rd, that order. Reverse valve body c4, problem is, once I hit 1st gear there is absolutely no shifting back to neutral or reverse or park, can go through all gears one way only, now from neutral I can go to reverse and park fine. But once in gear it is like it locks up and will not shift back down at all, any clues to this problem? Main question is what’s the warranty like in these shifters? I bought it through summit some years ago?
Have adjusted cable properly, has always gone through gears fine and just randomly won’t shift back down, now it is constant and I’m honestly just over the damn thing and want to upgrade to something better.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, been a while. I bought a b&m hammer shifter for my 91, not sure how long I’ve had it, can look up later, anyways I have had nothing but problems with it, from park- I can go to reverse, to neutral, to 1st, to 2nd, to 3rd, that order. Reverse valve body c4, problem is, once I hit 1st gear there is absolutely no shifting back to neutral or reverse or park, can go through all gears one way only, now from neutral I can go to reverse and park fine. But once in gear it is like it locks up and will not shift back down at all, any clues to this problem? Main question is what’s the warranty like in these shifters? I bought it through summit some years ago?
Have adjusted cable properly, has always gone through gears fine and just randomly won’t shift back down, now it is constant and I’m honestly just over the damn thing and want to upgrade to something better.
you wanna know if we know What the warranty is on a B&M shifter?

Have you tried The internet? The mfg?, Summit?
Sigh...:nonono:

Ok. I’ll rephrase, has anyone delt with b&m as far as warranty goes? Yes, there website says limited lifetime warranty, I’m guessing that means lifetime for original purchaser.
85 GT I’ll probably go ahead and throw the stocker back in for a while.

Michael Angelo piss off, why you post just to say have you tried the internet? Yes. I have, couldn’t find much

Plan is to just throw the stock one back in, and wait a week or so and order a pro ratchet or a gate style hurst and throw it on the ashtray hole

Ok. I’ll rephrase, has anyone delt with b&m as far as warranty goes? Yes, there website says limited lifetime warranty, I’m guessing that means lifetime for original purchaser.
85 GT I’ll probably go ahead and throw the stocker back in for a while.

Michael Angelo piss off, why you post just to say have you tried the internet? Yes. I have, couldn’t find much

Plan is to just throw the stock one back in, and wait a week or so and order a pro ratchet or a gate style hurst and throw it on the ashtray hole
Oh please!....
http://www.bmracing.com/warranty-information/
This took exactly 5 seconds to find with a google search. It answers your question definitively. Whats the point of your warranty question if you aren't the original owner? and if you are, Why not return the product as instructed in the 5 second google search result instead of buying a new one?

This only started happening recently? It had been shifting correctly? Is anything loose inside the shifter?

<-------- have had a Hammer in my car since 1998 without shifting issues. Of course, it has other issues and has sat in the garage for a few years.

First year or so it was indeed perfect, then out of the blue it would not down shift, I finangled with it for a while and got it to shifting properly again for about a week then it happened again, after messing with it this time I found that the the park to reverse lock tab had bent out of place and snapped the locking portion off so the trigger is of no real use anymore, and around 2 months ago it got to where it will not shift down at all anymore, I’ve done all but completely take it out of the car, all appears fine from what I can see with the console removed, I’m just gonna return it to summit or b&m? And get a return of price and apply it to a pro ratchet

First year or so it was indeed perfect, then out of the blue it would not down shift, I finangled with it for a while and got it to shifting properly again for about a week then it happened again, after messing with it this time I found that the the park to reverse lock tab had bent out of place and snapped the locking portion off so the trigger is of no real use anymore, and around 2 months ago it got to where it will not shift down at all anymore, I’ve done all but completely take it out of the car, all appears fine from what I can see with the console removed, I’m just gonna return it to summit or b&m? And get a return of price and apply it to a pro ratchet
To make any claim under the terms of this limited warranty, the original purchaser MUST either return the product to the original retailer or directly to B&M. NOTE: ALL B&M TRANSMISSIONS MUST BE RETURNED DIRECTLY TO B&M. If the original purchaser elects to return the product to B&M directly, he or she must first contact B&M and obtain a Returned Material Authorization (RMA) number. Once the RMA number is received, the original purchaser may return the product to address provided by B&M along with the RMA number and Proof of Purchase of the covered product. The Proof of Purchase must clearly show the place of purchase, purchase price, product purchased, and date of purchase. If upon inspection by B&M the product is found to be defective in material or workmanship, B&M shall at its option, either exchange the product for new product with the same part number or refund the original purchase price.