B303 Cam

twoloosescrews

Jan 25, 2010
Bowie, MD
Hey guys I found a used B303 cam for $100 in like new condition. I'm looking to do the cam along with GT40 heads and my GT40 Upper and Lower intake that I have. I also have a set of 1.6 rockers and 2 different length pushrods, I don't know if these would help that setup??? I love the idle of the B303, sounds awesome. I need to be schooled in the B303 cam so I know what I'm doing. What type of power increase am I looking at with the above setup? Able to run 12's? Thanks for any help guys.

Car
P3020028-1.jpg

Inakes and Rockers
IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

although i wont say whether or not you'll run 12s (theres always someone who's brothers cousins friend ran 12s with a CAI and exhaust) you will probably be looking at the 240hp range with those mods. the bcam isnt exactly known for radical power gains, its good for blown apps from what ive heard but for the most part, most guys just seem to want it for the sound.

So the b303 would be good for like a turbo setup? My hope is to run 12's on motor and mabye throw some nitrous on it later, it's not a track car just a street car but I would like it to be quick. I've heard that 12's are pretty easy with heads, cam, and upper and lower intake...

So the b303 would be good for like a turbo setup? My hope is to run 12's on motor and mabye throw some nitrous on it later, it's not a track car just a street car but I would like it to be quick. I've heard that 12's are pretty easy with heads, cam, and upper and lower intake...

yes 12s can be done with H/C/I but gt40 heads/intake arent on the same level as AFR's, TFS FAC heads, or even the eddie heads and the bcam is a fairly weak cam. YES there are guys making good power with those parts but for the most part, the money you will pay to have the GT40s worked over and the intake ported, you very well could have picked up some 185's and a systemax. just my .02

What heads would you recomend to run with the B303 cam, GT40 Upper and Lower Intake, and 24lbs injectors. So far for the GT40 upper and lower intakes, B303 cam, 24lbs Injectors, Crane 1.6 Rockers, and 2 different length pushrods I have only about $155 invested and $100 was for the cam I just bought today. $55 was for cleaning the Gt40 Intakes w/Glass Beads.