Progress Thread B4d Lx

What I was meaning to say in less words is your car is seriously badass. I related yours to Nick's car because his is pretty sweet too. A favorable comparison.

You are the one that is way out of my league, but I sure can appreciate what you have.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

Cool racing series too btw.

I wasn't meaning to derail you, just compliment your car.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks so much guys. Appreciate it coming from my American brothers.
I just don't want people thinking I'm billy big balls. This game keeps you humble and makes you realise how much work time and money we put into our passion. It's great that you and I can share it. Means a lot to get positive feedback.
Thanks so very much

Reactions: 2 users
We get guys from the US airbases running there often at Santa Pod.
I will come over to watch some NMRA and NHRA some time.
The GTO has a carbon fibre body mild, doors the whole nine yards.
Google Mark Todd Pontiac for the spec.
Webster with the Comet done some work on mine. I like the steel bodied door slammers best.
Drag Week is my favourite. That's hard work right there.
Yeh US muscle alive n well here.
I envy all your tracks n parts stores.
Thanks for the post.

Nice to see all that American iron represented over there!

I gotta say, there are some things y'all get over there that I want. I'd get rid of our Mazda 5 family car in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on a Mondeo estate with a diesel and a 6-speed.

That's quite an impressive build you have going on! Good job! If the MOT guys don't like it, just hand them a few tenners and tell them the Queen said you were good to go. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Lol love it!
My buddy ships containers from Florida, if you want a certain car he can sourse and ship. Always does me a good deal ;)
STS Imports. That's how I shipped my engine, trans and most everything else.
Limey always gets best rates from Ron.
Ships cars over here too.
Let me know if you guys need stuff or hooking up.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes! I'm now street legal, taxed, tested insured Couple of minor jobs to do but my man said it was good to go.
Nice to know someone that looks over your car races and knows what to look for. Also suggested to add a seat support to the back to stop the Kirkey flexing and want extra bungs for sensors in exhaust. I want added plates welded to the chute mount where it goes into the rear, so will get it sorted in one go.
Was hot here in UK terms, I think 24 degrees, metal floorpan and a hole where my shifter is, could feel the heat!
Engine stayed within temp, but badly needs a tune. Gear whine better than my face plated Tremec, and shifted fine, but a bit of a ball ache changing down, but this was my first drive with it and the car since of 2011. One eye on temp, one eye on wideband, One on oil pressure, one eye on the road, ears listening for noises....just realised I need for eyes!
To sum up, Loud, creaky, jerky, and hot. But over the moon as got there and back and as we agreed need to man up as it is what it is. Been in the comfort zone for 5 1/2 years of regular slush box motoring with all the mod cons.
Reminds me of when I first started it up and drove it at the docks from the USA....thought man this not what I expected, but first time down the track it all made sense.
Solid mounts, poly trans mount, spherical (rose jointed rear upper, lower arms, drag anti roll bar, manual rack, brakes, windows, spool, skinny fronts...things we suffer for 60ft and et!
May just cruise long next Sunday to the local car meet at the pub.
Think they will shocked I'm not in the rice burner
Thanks for letting me share my joy on here, can't believe it's on the road albeit untuned.
With no garage I wondered how and if this would ever be back on the road.
Proud to say I feel I'm living a little bit of the American dream again.

Reactions: 4 users
85705201-F0FA-4D94-9C74-28DC72F1F127.JPG
Few more jobs sorted, many to go. Polished the rims up. Bogart Drag on Fly stars.These are 4 & 8x15. I have another set 3.5 & 9x15 with skinnys n slicks, looks much better. I was lucky to find a guy selling the second set over here and local. That's why I don't bother lowering the rear down, have weight jacket lca's.
Waiting for some new Hoosiers front runners to come via a container in a month or so as my goodyears are old.
Running MT Drag 10.5 28 x 15, but I picked up a brand new set of Hoosier slicks for peanuts. Interesting to see if they hook as well as love the MTs

Reactions: 4 users