Back from the body shop (hail damage repair - pic heavy)

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
xKAJ7.jpg

uZWes.jpg

IP2XS.jpg

SsZhj.jpg

DfjMF.jpg

2HICL.jpg

OIwVf.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So glad you decided to do that route! Now for the hard part.. Don't put any waxes or sealants on the car for a while. Each painter will tell you different cure times but your paint needs to remain exposed for a little bit before putting them on.

Well it was all paintless dent repair so there shouldn't be any paint issues.

And yes I wish I had a better exhaust setup. When I get some FLSFC in the next month or so I'm going to have to decide whether to get some exhaust tips or hold off and get a new exhaust system but I definitely need some chrome coming out the back end.

I went to Alex Paint and Body in Lewisville. They did a really good job for all the damage I had and they "paid my deductible" so that was nice. I was hoping they'd go a little further and fix a ding in my door that wasn't caused by the hail since they'd be up in the door anyway, but they didn't. But obviously I can't complain about them not fixing what they're not responsible for. They also used OEM replacement parts for my cowl and headlight, so thats good as well.

Yeah I've got scratches in the rear driver side corner (as you can see in the pics) from the previous owner also. Kind of annoying but my paint is so faded it'd be pretty difficult to blend and match. I'd rather just wait until I possibly get a full re-paint of the car.

Ah yes faded paint and mustangs seem to go hand in hand.. Aeros are the worst about fading paint.

Yep, the black paint on my car looks like a dark gray. Here's a perfect picture where you can see the difference between the factory paint and the repainted door. In college, some ass hole egged all of the cars parked in the street, including my Mustang. This is the best picture I have of the faded paint issue... notice how the door is darker than the rear 1/4 and the front fender.

Mustang3-1.jpg

Pay me enough and I'll come remove those said scratches from your car :D

Haha no thanks, I get a lot of satisfaction from detailing the car myself. I am actually planning on what products to use this time around.

Yep, the black paint on my car looks like a dark gray. Here's a perfect picture where you can see the difference between the factory paint and the repainted door. In college, some ass hole egged all of the cars parked in the street, including my Mustang. This is the best picture I have of the faded paint issue... notice how the door is darker than the rear 1/4 and the front fender.

Mustang3-1.jpg

Your car looks fine N8dogg, I can hardly notice it unless I look really hard.