Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

He is going to refuse to give them to you.
He will say 'you owe me money'. If it's a small amount pay it. Or:
You tell him you will take him to court and you hope he has insurance to cover the costs but he can give you the seats now and be done with it or let it play out in court, in the mean time you will petition the court to take custody of the seats. And when it's all done his insurance premiums will be outta sight, you will contact the BBB and leave a detailed review everywhere you can or he can cut his losses and hand over the seats.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
I thought you were sending the seats to Dave at Aardvark racing?
Stop by to see them, pay what you need to get them back and then go from there.
Overpaying is better than never seeing them again at this point.

Go recover your property. Maybe give the local police a heads up call before you go, request that they are present, if they decline, at least they will know you are serious about recovering YOUR property, especially if they end up showing up due to things escalating...
I wouldn't give the guy another penny after year of incomplete work... just me though... might not be the easiest way to deal with the situation...

it's that, or get a lawyer, but that could drag out for even longer.

Go recover your property. Maybe give the local police a heads up call before you go, request that they are present, if they decline, at least they will know you are serious about recovering YOUR property, especially if they end up showing up due to things escalating...
I wouldn't give the guy another penny after year of incomplete work... just me though... might not be the easiest way to deal with the situation...

it's that, or get a lawyer, but that could drag out for even longer.
You're such a nice guy though.
Even nice guys can have enough of it.
It’s time to show up in person and get it settled or at least your stuff back.
Be polite and strong willed. Having some paper trail and contacting officers first is a very good idea.

You're such a nice guy though.

Yeah but there’s such a thing as escalating too quickly.

Before you go in guns blazing with threats of legal action, should place the nice guy card first and actually see if that’s warranted.

I know many shops/businesses up to their eyeballs in work and short staffed. I’d like to see if that’s the case here, or it really is negligence and really does need escalation.

Yeah but there’s such a thing as escalating too quickly.

Before you go in guns blazing with threats of legal action, should place the nice guy card first and actually see if that’s warranted.

I know many shops/businesses up to their eyeballs in work and short staffed. I’d like to see if that’s the case here, or it really is negligence and really does need escalation.
And even decent upholstery shops were overbooked and on their own odd time clocks long before things hit the fan.

The OP has to be tired of sitting on a bucket by now.

The 300zx I was restoring for a customer has its interior at an upholstery shop. It's been there about 6 months. They have done some really good factory like work on the front 2 and are working on the back. These small shops that take money up front always seem to push work ahead of other jobs for money. Almost like they are running the shop off the deposit money instead of the finished work money. At my shop I never take a start deposit. The shop was paid when the work was done. Way easier to put a mechanics lean on something that had never had one dime paid on it ( from a shop perspective ).

Getting half up front is too easy to forget about. It makes the finished pay smaller so there is less push to actually finish it. You take a deposit, spend it, and need to take another deposit to pay bills. The importance of the bills is more than completing the job that was half paid for already.

Reminds me of when I used to work on cars in a big parking lot in Baltimore. I had a helper that would take one wheel off every car. ( mainly brake jobs )This way they couldn't leave while I was working on a car that came before them. The deposit kinda makes people stuck at that shop like taking one wheel off.

Reminds me of when I used to work on cars in a big parking lot in Baltimore. I had a helper that would take one wheel off every car. ( mainly brake jobs )This way they couldn't leave while I was working on a car that came before them. The deposit kinda makes people stuck at that shop like taking one wheel off.
That reminds me of the car salesmen who asks for YOUR car keys to " show you are serious" about the car your dealing on, then toss them on the buildings roof.....

Last edited:
  • Angry
Had a guy pull that on me last week.

Didn’t toss them on the roof, but “can’t track down my tech who has your keys”
This is why anytime I look to trade in a car I give them the spare key and keep mine. Then if they try to pull shady crap I set a 3 minute timer on my phone and tell them that when it goes off if I don't have my key back I'm going to leave with my other key, make a huge scene, and they will have 2 days to have my key in my mailbox. I do not play those games with dealers...

• Useful
Can’t really do that with my car with keyless ignition. No sacrificial spare key.

Funny thing is the guy keeps calling me to make a deal. I haven’t answered but I thought I made it clear that stunt killed his prospects.

Off to another dealer as we speak to look at a different car. Let’s see if they pull this junk too

Seat update, still no seats. Been calling the guys phone, nothing. So messaged him again through FB several times, again this past Friday, no response. So I told him I’ll be by on the weekend to pick up all my stuff as the lack of communication is bad, and it’s been a year with nothing to see. He gave me some excuses that he stopped bc he didn’t want to keep pulling the center section since I wasn’t happy with the embroidery and he wanted to be clear before proceeding with the Recaro emblem inserts. Went out there Tuesday since he was closed for the 4th weekend etc, he was full of the i am sorry’s blah blah, that he would have them all done fronts and rears by next week. told him do the inserts as I had told him to, and I’ll be out of town for a week and I’ll come by to pick everything up whether they are finished or not when I get back. Guess we will see.

Now the seats are less of a concern. I cranked the car up on Sunday as I wanted to go out Monday morning for a cruise. Let it run for 10 minutes or so, turned it off and I’m chilling at the back of the car and see some coolant. A lot of coolant, so in my head I’m thinking it’s a hose but the front of the car all looks dry, floor etc. Look further back and the puddle is starting around the longtubes collector. So I look behind the intake and there is the problem. I’m guessing it’s the lower intake gasket? What do you all think?
4FA29608-9F50-46F0-A485-F4F209F6BB24.jpeg

9057A9B7-6C15-4531-AB0A-EA6338FD2D1C.jpeg

Intake gasket is my guess. I wouldn't start the car again in case coolant is getting into the oil.

You can pull the intake manifold off for a better look and get a pressure tester to see if you can see where the leak is coming from.