Back to the track #7..Finale

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
I'd like to thank everybody for tuning in all summer and cheering me on as I went all over the 9-10's and touched the 8's in the 1/8th mile. This will probably be my last installment from the sumerduck dragway, as my trip to come will end my summer break.

Ok I didn't make too many changes other than adding 70shot and 1 more psi of boost(20). Some clutch trouble kept me from doing much on the last tirp but we had fun anyay.
Last night I went through and cleaned up all of my wiring, put wire loom over the NOS(doesn't stand out nearly as much now, painted the radiator and cooler tubing. Today I filled the bottle back up after only 1.5 weeks of the trial runs(yet to see the track). Tonight I'm going down to change the clutch again. Its routine tune-up:oil, plugs, headgasket and clutch. :D

I killed my ET streets so today I picked up a set of 26/9.5/15 Hoosier Quick time pros. Hoping the new tire will let me spray up to a 100 shot, as soon as 2nd gear.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll be there...around 7ish. Belvedere boy, and red srt boy should be there, don't know if they are running or not though.

It's been real fun hanging out and watching you run the coupe. I can't believe you ran this one car for a whole summer straight. That's dedication.

So what will you be doing once the summer is over during the year? Will you still be around here next year for spring/summer? I'm gonna get the ball rolling on a turbo swap project this fall/winter, and hopefully have it all done and running right for summer. And by this time next year the neon will be running 7's. :D :rlaugh:
Anyways, its been fun. Deffinately hope to see ya around again.

Crovax said:
1 question.
What drugs do you sell and can you send me a starter kit?

Years of dedication man...You can't jump in all at once, its too much to handle.

notched86 said:
I'll be there...around 7ish. Belvedere boy, and red srt boy should be there, don't know if they are running or not though.

It's been real fun hanging out and watching you run the coupe. I can't believe you ran this one car for a whole summer straight. That's dedication.

So what will you be doing once the summer is over during the year? Will you still be around here next year for spring/summer? I'm gonna get the ball rolling on a turbo swap project this fall/winter, and hopefully have it all done and running right for summer. And by this time next year the neon will be running 7's.
Anyways, its been fun. Deffinately hope to see ya around again.

Yeah I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here at least through the spring. Hopefully before I make any plans to move I can get out and run the newer version of the 351w coupe!

ok clutch is in. I changed the fluid in the rear and tried a different additive to see if it will lock up a little tighter. I got really motivated and mounted the new slicks.

Also I looked to see what gear is in the car...No numbers anywhere other than a ford part number and it starts with an E6. This is a 7.5 rear so my options that year were 3.27 (my first coupe), 3.45(my SVO), and 3.73(also SVO)
I have the stock 4 cyl trans and I run the 1/8th just to the end of 3rd gear and its 76 mph. I could go 86mph to the end of 3rd in the svo(3.45). However the speedo in the coupe seems to be right for the most part.
Anybody have any thoughts about what these gears could be?

No-way, got dry on the way home so we rolled the car off the trialer and set-up Luray eliminations :D I couldn't get the other 2 trailered cars to come out though.

I decided hell with it I'll go next week too. I sprayed it for the first time in first gear on slicks last night......Holy Crap!!! it pull pretty good.:D