Bad news for me and my 73

Alarus

Apr 29, 2005
Az
I have some rewlly bad news, my 73 is compleatly totaled, i was going to pass someone and near the end of the passing lane he cut me off, i was trying to get back behind him and there was a truck in the other lane (the oncoming lane) that came accrost the line and struck me right behind my front wheel, the reuck ripped my door, and part of my trunk off, im thinking that the engine and tranny are still good, the driver fender is crushed in about 6 in, the body is compleatly destryed, i will get pics as soon as i get home, right now i am still in the hospitle.

• Sponsors (?)

I am really impressed with your drive to let us know. We do mourn your loss. Although you are the only one who will really feel this loss, we understand whole-heartedly and wish you the very best. Your pony will return, one way or another. Life works out that way sometimes..

im doing ok, im not really upset about losing this car becuse i know i can eventually replace it, tho it will never be the same, right now i am just waiting on the phisical theripests(SP) they say as soon as i can walk around i can go home, this accedent should have killed me, and all i got were 4 fractures in my pelvis, and one in my ankle, the reason i got on here so quickly is becuse im board out of my mind staring at the roof all day, luckly my wife to be is here keeping me compony, as soon as i get home ill get some pics and post them so you can see what i mean, i think the seat i had put in saved my life this is kinda a sucky situation but im just happy i was able to walk away from this car and look at it from a distince.

In short im gonna be fine with a little time, i just havent decided what to do with whats left of the car(the guy who towed it was a good friend of my cuz and just took it to my house)

I know the impact wasn't the same as mine, but be very concerned with your back.

I had a '67 Mustang 'vert that was T-boned by a S-10 Blazer doing 45 in 1987 in Rio Rancho, NM. I was 19 at the time, the passenger seat came loose since the pasenger door was moved in by about a foot. The passenger seat hit my on the right hip and I ended up sitting with my right cheek on the passenger seat and my left cheek hanging in the air.

They did Xrays and CAT scans and showed no broken bones, just a huge hematoma (sp?) that ran from my ribs to just above my knee and across my lower back, had 3 units of blood in it and was every color you can think of except clear or plaid. Back never bothered me, but it was out of alignment and two years later I was hit in the shoulder by a piece of equipment about 11am, I could have punched harder than it hit me, but I felt and heard a loud pop in my lower back, didn't think much of it until about 3am when I woke up screaming in bed.

Went to the hospital, where they did nothing and ended up at my family doctor where they injected a radioactive iodine into my spine and found that the cord was about half the thickness it was supposed to be between the L4 & L5 vertebre.

I had surgery and since I was 21, it went rather well due to my age and ease of healing, but I was about 185 when I had the surgery and I'm now about 285. I know as you get older you tend to put on the pounds, but I put on about 45 right after that over the next 6-8 months whan I couldn't work or go to school. I was able to float within 10 pounds one way or the other for a while then the weight slowly crept up.

I'm pretty sure if the accident had never happened, I'd be about 240ish right now, maybe a little lighter as I was pretty active before and had to stop all of a sudden. It's been 19 years since hte accident and my back gets sore all the time and its hard to do any activity where you use your back. I can do them, but I pay for it later.

Geez man, you walked away with fractures in your pelvis and ankle? Must have been in shock! I feel so bad for what you are physically going through. Cars come and go, as you seem to already apreciate, so just take care of yourself and do what your phisiotherapist tells you to do! When I totalled my first '65 I herniated L5/S1 disk and was on a cane for the better part of six months before I got into physio. Keep a positive attitude!

You are right, it could have easily been worse. We are all glad you are going to be OK. This should serve as a example for everyone here to recheck the safety issues of their cars. Seats properly secured with lots of oversized washers, proper seatbelts, properly designed roll cages (if present), ect.

We might not be so lucky if it were to happen to one of us.

Can anyone tell me a website that i can post pics up for free, i dont want to size them down much, you lose the full effect of the damage, oh yeah and i am out of the hospitle as of wensday, i just didnt have the time with all the paople visiting to get on and inform people of this, and the great news is i have been walking with-out any assistance, ie. walker, cruches, ext.

Alarus said:
Can anyone tell me a website that i can post pics up for free, i dont want to size them down much, you lose the full effect of the damage, oh yeah and i am out of the hospitle as of wensday, i just didnt have the time with all the paople visiting to get on and inform people of this, and the great news is i have been walking with-out any assistance, ie. walker, cruches, ext.
Sorry for your loss. Good thing you're OK. If you like, I'd be happy to host them for you. Send to platonicsolidz(at)yahoo.com ( web-bot avoidance: replace (at) with @ )

Man, I know how it feels to be in an accident with your pride 'n joy, but I hope I never experiance losing it like you did. Sorry for you loss, but I could never get over losing my stang. Also a free image hosting site is exoload.com.
get better man.

Attachments

• Tragity 007.jpg
    Tragity 007.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 246