Bad news for me and my 73

Yeah i think i might know where another body is and i think it has a 351 block in it,tho i dont know it its good or not...but once i get to where i can walk around with out getting tired ill go check to see if its still there

• Sponsors (?)

Just reviewed the photos, oh mama that is sad for the car but you should count your lucky stars to be breathing and walking!

What happened to the idea that classic Mustangs explode if tapped from the rear - sounds like a media myth to me after seeing those photos.

John Z said:
Just reviewed the photos, oh mama that is sad for the car but you should count your lucky stars to be breathing and walking!

What happened to the idea that classic Mustangs explode if tapped from the rear - sounds like a media myth to me after seeing those photos.

i think it was the older models 64.5-66 that "exploded" when hit behind.

John Z said:

So if it doesn't explode from a side hit that means it's safe to be hit from the rear?

That's quite a leap of logic. :)

atomicpunk said:
Glad to hear you're okay. I think you may have convinced me to go with a full roll cage. :)
yeah ive been thinking about doing that to my next one, and hey if i get the roll cage that gives me the perfect reason to keep going on the mods right?:D luckly the med bills are taken care of, now i just have to go to court, the cop that came up on the scine put all the blame on me before he went and looked at the skid marks, and charged me with recless driving, now i just gotta fight it and convence them that i didnt do anything wrong...ahhh well

blown65 said:
wow, scary. Good to see your ok. Looks like a few more inches and it could of been alot worse.

Makes ya realise how fast good things in life can get turned upside down. Hope all works out for ya. :)
I agree compleatly, by my count about 2-6 inches, and it would have killed me even where he hit me, i shouldnt be walking and i think that the seat that i had in there saved my upper body cuz its bent in a like 4+ inches wher the truck hit it insted of me.

right now im in the prosess of replacing my car, my soon-to-be-wife and i bought a 79 dautsun 510 for 100 bucks, it runs and is in pretey good shape...it needs a little electrical work and a few parts but for 100 bucks for something that runs and drives i cant lose :p

court dates coming up soon, found an attorny to rep. me, he said that with the info that the police gave there is no way that they will be able to pin wreckless driving on me, hopefully after all the court crap is over ill be able to get another stang, fight now im in the prossess of getting a ranger, i still have my car, its sitting in my drive, as soon as i can get ahold of my attorney, im gonna see if i can get rid of it, what im gonna do is take all of the good parts and throw them in the shed in the back and cut the rest of it up or see if a junkyard will take it...well untill next time
R.L.

Good luck in court.

Regarding the salvage value...after you take all the bits off it you'll be very lucky if someone doesn't charge you to haul it off. Let the wrecker take it for free and consider yourself ahead of the game.

Alarus said:
hey, i was airvaced there, it happened on gonzales pass, the major mountan between Superior and AJ on US 60

The 60 was closed for 3 hrs becuse of the accedent

Dang, I drive that road all the time. You've inspired me to slow down!

FWIW, I saw a beautiful '71 mach 1 clone for sale last weekend at the carshow on Power and the 60

First of all, glad to hear your doing alright, and hoping you have a speedy recovery.

On the other hand, what a a** hole to speed up while your trying to pass him. I believe they teach you in Drivers Ed to slow down when somebody is trying to pass you?:mad: :nono: