Bad O2s sensors - what are the symptoms

• Sponsors (?)

95COBRA241 said:
When mine went bad, the car would not rev smoothly. sounded like a miss and the car was running rich.

That's what my car is doing. I also datalogged my car and noticed my Kamrfs and Lambes were not very active nor were the O2s. The lambes would be between 12-14 and suddenly dropped to 10.8. I suspect it would have gone lower but maybe the computer won't show it. The other strange thing is during the datalog (while idling) the rpms would drop to about 500 rpms. I just got these 02s about 2-3 months ago (Bosch). I will reinstall the factory O2s to see what happens. Hope it solves the problem. Will update.

Thanks
Al

OK Al

I had to go back to March 03 to find a dlog with both HEGO 1 & 2

As I said above, as long as they are active and switching rapidly, everybody I have ever talked to about this subject seems to think that means they are good.

I've never paid much attention to them really and rarely dlog them. When I do, it is usually just one of them that I collect data from.

The file I got the shots from is around 1mb in size and has a total of about 1600 data events.

IIRC, you get about 10 samples per sec so maybe about 2.5 minutes give or take for length in time.

The conditions the file was taken from were:
Idle only
Normal ect's
Normal Open Loop idle conditions

I went ahead and included one shot of the raw data from the start of the file.
23 data events is all you can capture in one shot but I made sure you could see LAMBSE,KAMRF, & WB data along with both HEGO's. :D

Hopes this gives you an idea of what I was trying to get across about the HEGO's switching back & forth. :)

idle5430.gif

5430raw.gif

final5-0 said:
OK Al

I had to go back to March 03 to find a dlog with both HEGO 1 & 2

As I said above, as long as they are active and switching rapidly, everybody I have ever talked to about this subject seems to think that means they are good.

I've never paid much attention to them really and rarely dlog them. When I do, it is usually just one of them that I collect data from.

The file I got the shots from is around 1mb in size and has a total of about 1600 data events.

IIRC, you get about 10 samples per sec so maybe about 2.5 minutes give or take for length in time.

The conditions the file was taken from were:
Idle only
Normal ect's
Normal Open Loop idle conditions

I went ahead and included one shot of the raw data from the start of the file.
23 data events is all you can capture in one shot but I made sure you could see LAMBSE,KAMRF, & WB data along with both HEGO's. :D

Hopes this gives you an idea of what I was trying to get across about the HEGO's switching back & forth. :)

idle5430.gif

5430raw.gif

Thanks Grady. Sorry for the delay in response. I've been doing demolition work in my kitchen. I don't have to return to work 'til 1/9. So I am tiling the kitchen. And plan to get some tune time in also.

Oh yeah, my O2s are lazy. I will reinstall the stock ones to see what happens.

Peace
Al